GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Epsiode II title - why?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/08/01 at 08:56
Regular
Has anyone else seen the title for Star Wars Epsiode II? Attack of the Clones. What kind of title is that? If Lucasfilm had to use the word clones, why couldn't they have 'jazzed' it up a bit, and made it more interesting. This title is mundane. There had better be a decent one for Epsiode III!
Thu 30/08/01 at 08:56
Regular
Has anyone else seen the title for Star Wars Epsiode II? Attack of the Clones. What kind of title is that? If Lucasfilm had to use the word clones, why couldn't they have 'jazzed' it up a bit, and made it more interesting. This title is mundane. There had better be a decent one for Epsiode III!
Thu 30/08/01 at 10:19
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Yes, everybody has seen it by now.

I think Lucas named Episode II 'Attack of the Clones' because in this film, clones will attack. Georgey boy has never been the most imaginative with his film titles, 'The Empire Strikes Back' for example. In this film, the Empire did indeed strike back and the galaxy was only saved by the return of a Jedi in the aptly named 'Return of the Jedi'.

As long as there's plenty of action, which I feel the name does hint at, I won't be unduly disappointed. Just about everybody will go and see it anyway, Lucas could have filmed cows standing in a field in Cornwall for Episode II and named the film 'When Cows do Nothing' and a healthy hardcore section of the SW fraternity would still attend at least four screenings. There are some that would argue that he did this when he cast Mark Hammill in the first three films.

Besides, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes has been done, so his hands were tied.
Thu 30/08/01 at 10:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Said it before and saying it now

Clones
Attacking

That's all I need to know.
Rename the other 4 for your own amusement

Star Wars Episode 1: The Merchandising Menace
Star Wars Epsode 2: Has To Be Better
Star Wars Episode 3: Is Lord of The Rings still playing?
Star Wars Episode 4: Not Yojimbo, no sir
Stars Wars Episode 5: The serious middle one
Star Wars Episode 6: Allegory for Vietnam
Thu 30/08/01 at 10:50
Regular
Not a fan of our little galaxy far far away then goatboy? :)
Thu 30/08/01 at 10:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Huge fan, have them all on video, but Lucas can't name his movies worth toffee.
Thu 30/08/01 at 10:57
Regular
Heh, you're probably right. So you getting The Merchandising Menace when it comes out. Theres apparently 6 hours of extra footage or something...
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:16
I'll probably get it purely because i'm a Star Wars fan, and an avid collector, despite the fact that the film disappointed me. However, added features always sound good.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I like the Simpsons spoof on Star Trek, with their ad for Star Trek XII - 'So Very Tired'.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Is the title really that important. As long as the film is as good as the others and contiues the story then I don't really care what they call it.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:36
I hope you mean as good as the originals. If it's 'Phantom Menace part 2' all is lost.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.