GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mail.freeola.net dead?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/03/10 at 10:42
Regular
Hi,

Is anyone else having problems receiving mail from mail.freeola.net?

None of my email addresses are currently working.

Neil
Tue 16/03/10 at 11:23
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I responded to your request this morning, to one of the new addresses you specified.

Hopefully the info contained will be enough. Let us know via reply.
Mon 15/03/10 at 20:58
Regular
hi numnut
I use forwaded messeges from other providers these still work
have used freeola for over 4 years no problem
new ticket number ***500
no chance of reading my emails sent to simon@tolle*****.me.uk
so support is not a lot of use have given other emails in support infomation

i know i should pick up mail direct but i am tight and wont spend £8 a month to get email freedom

hi Hmmm...
i use supanet
with no filters

i like spam email i then can think i have friends

simon
Sun 14/03/10 at 10:44
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems, although as Hmmm has suggested the likely cause of the problem is that the provider to which the messages are being forwarded has changed settings relating to the way they deal with forwarded messages.

We find that some providers will not accept forwarded messages at all.

As you can appreciate, these changes are completely out of our control.

I have tested the forwarding facility we provide, and it is working fine, so it would appear that the 'other' provider is not accepting messages forwarded from us as they have done previously.

This may be for anti spam reasons, as this problem has previously arisen for such reasons though it could also be an inadvertent side effect of other changes made by the provider as well.

Although we offer the email forwarding facility, the best advice is always to pick the messages up from our mail server, that way if you have any problems we will be able to help resolve any issues, whereas with forwarding, as long as our forwarding systems are working there is very little else we are able to do to resolve any problems you may be having as we cannot control settings put in place by other organisations.

I also cannot see any recent support tickets linked to your MyFreeola account, did you request assistance via the Support Pages?

If you sent the ticket from a diffferent MyFreeola account, please use the ticket reference number to request further support via the page I linked to above.
Sun 14/03/10 at 09:41
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

What provider were you forwarding mail to when it stopped working?

I hope it's not the case - but the recent upsurge in SPAM to Freeola accounts many are seeing (see other post) may have caused the provider to block your address.

I can only assume Freeola Support replied to your support ticket and you missed the reply due to your email problems. I've always received replies using the 'Ticket system'.

NB. If the issue is email related then you'll find this forum comes in handy as you can post/read without using email ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Sun 14/03/10 at 08:17
Regular
none of mine email accounts have forward any email to the addresses i use. these have not worked from the 07/03/10
no reply from freeola support
the email is working if i send direct have now changed eBay to this
will have to sort out soon

simon

you are not alone in this problem
Sun 07/03/10 at 12:13
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The server has been up and running all morning, any problems you were receiving were likely to be local.

Obviously, any issues we do have with any our services will be listed on our Network Status page.
Sun 07/03/10 at 10:59
Regular
From Mailwasher Pro I get "Operation timed out. No response was received from the server".

I'll try a reboot.

N

EDIT: A reboot did the trick. Mail (albeit spam) is now coming through. Thanks.
Sun 07/03/10 at 10:51
"Are you sure?"
Just performed a test and sending/receiving all appears to be working fine for me.

Are you getting any errors?

EDIT: Just done another test from a non-Freeola account to see if that arrives.
Yep - got it.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 07/03/10 at 10:42
Regular
Hi,

Is anyone else having problems receiving mail from mail.freeola.net?

None of my email addresses are currently working.

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.