GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Total club manager or CM4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Championship manager 4'.
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Before anybody comments im gonna post this in a few rooms so that i get as much feedback as possible.

ok, ive bought Championship manager for mr bro for christmas and my dad comes home today and hes bought my brother total club manager 2004.

I dont really think there is much point giving him both games as they are pretty similar. Which one would you recomend as i havent played either of them yet and i dont really have a clue cos they both look quality.

any help would be greatly appreciated...
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Bulls**t. I was playing Champ Manager games when I was 10. My
> brother's 13 and he uses CM 03/04. Your views are wrong.

Maybe you're anomalous.
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
nickdagamemaster wrote:
> How old is your brother?
> If he's under 15 i would get him total club manager because CM4 is
> very hard and too realistic for a younger person. Otherwise it
> depends just on his taste.

Bulls**t. I was playing Champ Manager games when I was 10. My brother's 13 and he uses CM 03/04. Your views are wrong.
Sat 03/01/04 at 12:07
"Dogs rule,Cats drul"
Ha ha you are banned.
Fri 19/12/03 at 10:07
Regular
"gamester45"
Fri 05/12/03 at 20:09
"Genius!"
How old is your brother?
If he's under 15 i would get him total club manager because CM4 is very hard and too realistic for a younger person. Otherwise it depends just on his taste.
Thu 04/12/03 at 21:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Pringle28 wrote:
> Before anybody comments im gonna post this in a few rooms so that i
> get as much feedback as possible.
>
> ok, ive bought Championship manager for mr bro for christmas and my
> dad comes home today and hes bought my brother total club manager
> 2004.
>
> I dont really think there is much point giving him both games as they
> are pretty similar. Which one would you recomend as i havent played
> either of them yet and i dont really have a clue cos they both look
> quality.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated...

Hm...I really think it depends on what type of game your brother will like best. Championship Manager is all about realism, pages of stats, amazing amount of details, and so on. TCM doesn't have as much depth but it certainly gives it a good try. The presentation is light years ahead of CM, slick interfaces, pretty graphics, half decent 3d match engine. It certainly easier to pick and play than CM, although it might have not the long term depth. You can also use it in conjunction with FIFA 2004, import your matches and play them in FIFA, and then export the results back into TCM.

I suppose the easiest way to compare the two is to say CM tries to be a simulation, TCM tries to be a fun game first and foremost. Dunno if that makes the decision any easier. :P
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Before anybody comments im gonna post this in a few rooms so that i get as much feedback as possible.

ok, ive bought Championship manager for mr bro for christmas and my dad comes home today and hes bought my brother total club manager 2004.

I dont really think there is much point giving him both games as they are pretty similar. Which one would you recomend as i havent played either of them yet and i dont really have a clue cos they both look quality.

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.