GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So they do like the Cube..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/12/03 at 20:16
Regular
I was quite suprised actually. In a email from a certain 'GAME's company, I found these words:

'We finished off our Twelve Days of Christmas promotion this week, by naming the editorial team's Christmas Gift of the Year - which we awarded to GameCube. From releases like The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Metroid Prime to newer stuff like Viewtiful Joe and Mario Kart Double Dash, Nintendo's latest has evolved into the strongest machine on the market. We put together a bundle containing only quality products approved by the team so well done if you nabbed one of those on Monday - if not there's still plenty of options for grabbing Nintendo's little wonder.'

So there, they do like the Cube (at least on the net), despite the fanboy workers in their shops.

That'll learn them indeed to slate it...
Sat 06/12/03 at 20:16
Regular
I was quite suprised actually. In a email from a certain 'GAME's company, I found these words:

'We finished off our Twelve Days of Christmas promotion this week, by naming the editorial team's Christmas Gift of the Year - which we awarded to GameCube. From releases like The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Metroid Prime to newer stuff like Viewtiful Joe and Mario Kart Double Dash, Nintendo's latest has evolved into the strongest machine on the market. We put together a bundle containing only quality products approved by the team so well done if you nabbed one of those on Monday - if not there's still plenty of options for grabbing Nintendo's little wonder.'

So there, they do like the Cube (at least on the net), despite the fanboy workers in their shops.

That'll learn them indeed to slate it...
Sat 06/12/03 at 20:34
Regular
The deal they had that day was brilliant, too bad I missed it.
Sat 06/12/03 at 20:48
Regular
Calling me a fanboy?
Sat 06/12/03 at 20:54
Regular
Maybe I am...

I don't know, do you sl@g off other consoles to customers :)?
Sat 06/12/03 at 20:58
Regular
When I'm working, I like all the consoles.

I'm open minded and will try any game/console before slagging it off.

I still prefer the GameCube, but it wont stop me saying positive things about the Playstation 2 for example.

Seems funny that only 50p is made per console sold mind...
Sat 06/12/03 at 21:15
"period drama"
I prefer my GC to my PS2.
Does this make me a fanboy?

I dunno. And really don't care.
La la la.
Sat 06/12/03 at 22:44
"Uzi Lover"
In the original post they are trying to sell the GC. Hence why they are being all nice towards it, to influence buyers.
Sun 07/12/03 at 00:46
"The Will of D."
Edgy wrote:
> Seems funny that only 50p is made per console sold mind...

They're ripping you off especially if your the one that made the sell (I know it sounds as if you are a saleman, which in a way you are) because £0.50 isn't even 1%, it would only be 10% if the console cost £5.00 but it doesn't so that is really a crap deal they have going with the employees.
Sun 07/12/03 at 04:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
Heh, most GAME shops are sold out of GC's.

Its mad.
Sun 07/12/03 at 11:47
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I want to buy a game. I haven't bought a game since Zelda.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.