GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick flash question..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/08/01 at 14:25
Regular
Orright guys (and gals)

How do you set the bgcolor to transparent in flash?

ta.
Fri 31/08/01 at 16:00
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Ta mate, but I've bodged it in Javascript.

Cheers though.
Fri 31/08/01 at 01:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Give me a URL and I'll have a think.
Thu 30/08/01 at 10:25
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Well, I thought I had it sorted, and it works in IE, but not in Netscape.

Anyone?
Thu 30/08/01 at 03:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hmm, I remember trying this in Flash 4 and it didn't work. Strange.
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:59
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Cheers, but I have it sorted now.

If anyones interested, create a new colour in the pallette, and set its alpha to 0%. It will be added at the bottom of the default palette, and you can choose this as your bgcolor.
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:36
Regular
"..."
Slaveunit wrote:
> Orright guys (and gals)

How do you set the bgcolor to transparent
> in flash?

ta.

hmm, haven't used flash for a while..! I'm pretty sure its in the movie preferences or movie options bit, on the "edit" menu at the top. There is a bit that says background colour and you can tick a box to set it to transparent. Cant be sure though as i haven't got it here at work so i cant check...
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:25
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Orright guys (and gals)

How do you set the bgcolor to transparent in flash?

ta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.