GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AR disk"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/12/03 at 22:53
Regular
"holy_crap_on_a_stic"
does any one have one? If so is it good?
Wed 10/12/03 at 23:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh, Sports and Fighting games don't need a good knowledge of the lingo, but Japanese only RPGs (thinking Baiten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia) would be harder. NGC couldn't review their Giftpia Jap. version it was so complicated :D
Wed 10/12/03 at 22:14
"cheerios"
tphi wrote:
> I really don't see the point of buying Japanese games.. unless you
> know kanji pretty well you can't understand them, and guessing
> blindly at controls ain't my thing if it's for a RPG game with
> complicated menus. Most big games get a pretty close release to the
> Japanese versions (look a Mario Kart for an example), other than
> that, I can usually wait for PAL.

That's why I only got soul calibur and Winning eleven etc. class games.
Wed 10/12/03 at 14:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
F-Zero works fine with my Freeloader.

As does Mario Golf and as did Animal Crossing.

I've had no problems with it. Unlike some people. Or maybe you all just like to moan. :-)
Tue 09/12/03 at 22:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I really don't see the point of buying Japanese games.. unless you know kanji pretty well you can't understand them, and guessing blindly at controls ain't my thing if it's for a RPG game with complicated menus. Most big games get a pretty close release to the Japanese versions (look a Mario Kart for an example), other than that, I can usually wait for PAL.
Tue 09/12/03 at 22:08
"cheerios"
Yeah, don't worry, I have a freeloader and it plays all my jap games...
Tue 09/12/03 at 22:05
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Nah I definately weren't worried about it, I was only asking in fact as justification for my point that buying AR for Freeloader is pointless. I have PAL and US Cubes anyway so it wouldn't be a problem :P
Tue 09/12/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
You could try phoning Datel if your that worried, I think it only applied to the Jap version of F-Zero, USA version was OK so unless your planning on buying Jap games don't lose any sleep over it.
Mon 08/12/03 at 22:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh sorry I know you said it but was just asking for confirmation from any others. I haven't heard of any problems beyond F-Zero, but you can buy that now in PAL so it doesn't matter.
Mon 08/12/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> And that's it as far as I know,

would say deja-vous but can't spell it !
Mon 08/12/03 at 18:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
cookie monster wrote:
> F-zero for a start.

Anything else?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.