GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2 - crash to Windows problem!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Mon 08/12/03 at 00:53
Regular
Anyone else had it? Happens all the time on the warehouse level or hospital area. Tried everything fomr updating drivers, turning hardware and audio acceleration down, running on low settings with everything turned off, installed the patch and tried numerous other things to no avail. Anyone had the problem and found a solution? I would be eternally greatful if someone could help.

Cheers.

Oh by the way, my specs are:

AMD Athalon 2600XP +
256MB RAM
Direct X 9.0b
GeForce Tornado 5200 FX
Realtek AC 97

Running on Windows 98 SE at 1.9GHZ.

p.s
Wed 10/12/03 at 17:54
"just a little b*gge"
tigamilla wrote:
> ALASTAIR Im selling a brand new XP Pro pack if your interested...!!!
>
> *seriously

That should solve his/her problems
Wed 10/12/03 at 17:54
"just a little b*gge"
tigamilla wrote:
> ALASTAIR Im selling a brand new XP Pro pack if your interested...!!!
>
> *seriously

That should solve his problems
Wed 10/12/03 at 17:46
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
ALASTAIR Im selling a brand new XP Pro pack if your interested...!!!

*seriously
Wed 10/12/03 at 17:39
"just a little b*gge"
Windows 98 aint supported.
Wed 10/12/03 at 17:36
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
If you're running your PC overclocked it could cause some probs;

My PC wouldnt run Max Payne or any other games simply because it was over clocked (running at a 32'C) I guess the mobo wasnt happy...
Mon 08/12/03 at 15:32
Regular
All my background apps are closed and I have all the latest NVIDIA Drivers. Very strange problem despite the game running smoothly with everything turned on. A few people have said Windows 98 could be the problem so I may partition my Hard Drive and see.
Mon 08/12/03 at 13:12
Regular
"That's right!"
The game crashes depending on what settings I have it on (the graphical options when you start it)

Honestly, I haven't had a game crash since the days of Windows 95. I thought PCs were past that...
Mon 08/12/03 at 08:25
Regular
It *could* be Win 98SE that's causing the problem, although I'm not certain.

I had a similar problem using Win XP Home. I updated my GeForce4 drivers and installed the patch. Everything worked fine after that. I would have advised you to get the patch but you already have.

There aren't any apps in the background which may be closing it are there?
Mon 08/12/03 at 00:53
Regular
Anyone else had it? Happens all the time on the warehouse level or hospital area. Tried everything fomr updating drivers, turning hardware and audio acceleration down, running on low settings with everything turned off, installed the patch and tried numerous other things to no avail. Anyone had the problem and found a solution? I would be eternally greatful if someone could help.

Cheers.

Oh by the way, my specs are:

AMD Athalon 2600XP +
256MB RAM
Direct X 9.0b
GeForce Tornado 5200 FX
Realtek AC 97

Running on Windows 98 SE at 1.9GHZ.

p.s

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.