GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/08/01 at 15:58
Regular
Sony has already taken the crown in all the consoles but can the gamecube steal it and rule like the N64 did...........OF COURSE IT WILL.The only thing that is putting people off buying a gamecube is that it isnt coming out over here for such a LOOOOOOOOOOOOng time by which sony could have made some brill games that put the gamecube in a bad position. Nintendo have taken the lead over microsoft seen as they delayed the X box in america and Nintendo have to do the same over here by releasing the cube before the X box. Sony arent going to lose this easily though seen as this christmas they will be releasing alot of good games and putting Extremely generous offers on PS2 Bundles so that will destract. BUT the gamecube is no better than a PS2 power wise.They have the same processer inside and it may come down to the fact that people will want to watch DVD s and play cds on thier consoles in which nintendo will lose out (even though that chuncky panasonic thing which isnt even getting released over here has been made).Nintendo need to get some decent games out so that they will attract people who are buying consoles for the first time (Bell ends).Nintendo seem to have this problem that they make soooooo many childrens games. I personaly dont like the look of Mario 128 and luigis mansion looks ok but i have ordered my cube for Starfox and Zelda and ssx tricky and Resident evil
Tue 28/08/01 at 15:58
Sony has already taken the crown in all the consoles but can the gamecube steal it and rule like the N64 did...........OF COURSE IT WILL.The only thing that is putting people off buying a gamecube is that it isnt coming out over here for such a LOOOOOOOOOOOOng time by which sony could have made some brill games that put the gamecube in a bad position. Nintendo have taken the lead over microsoft seen as they delayed the X box in america and Nintendo have to do the same over here by releasing the cube before the X box. Sony arent going to lose this easily though seen as this christmas they will be releasing alot of good games and putting Extremely generous offers on PS2 Bundles so that will destract. BUT the gamecube is no better than a PS2 power wise.They have the same processer inside and it may come down to the fact that people will want to watch DVD s and play cds on thier consoles in which nintendo will lose out (even though that chuncky panasonic thing which isnt even getting released over here has been made).Nintendo need to get some decent games out so that they will attract people who are buying consoles for the first time (Bell ends).Nintendo seem to have this problem that they make soooooo many childrens games. I personaly dont like the look of Mario 128 and luigis mansion looks ok but i have ordered my cube for Starfox and Zelda and ssx tricky and Resident evil
Tue 28/08/01 at 16:14
Regular
"DS..."
welcome to the forum jof, interesting post (sarchasm intended) but the whole point of the Nintendo gamecube is that it's a games machine with internet access, nothing more, and certainly nothing less at this stage. As for the panasonic version, well in my opinion it's much easier and cheaper to buy an additional dvd player, but anyway, the point is the gamecubes gonna blow away the ps2 and the x-box because the gamecube focuses on creating mindblowing games rather than trying to be an "all-singing, all-dancing" multimedia device, and that is why the gamecube will go so much further, breaking new boundries and will gradually leave the ps2 and x-box behind!
slik ~_~
Tue 28/08/01 at 16:35
Why fork out £300 on a console, then have to buy games on top?
When the GC is released it will be so affordable that for £300, you'll be able to buy it and about three or four games. If you look at it that way, what looks better a flat black box or a games console with three or four games!
Tue 28/08/01 at 16:37
Regular
jof wrote:
Nintendo have taken the lead over microsoft seen as
> they delayed the X box in america.

Nope. The Gamecube has been delayed in America by 2 weeks. So the x-box is now coming out first. Shouldnt make a differece though, seeing as the x-box will cost $100 more. so must people should wait dem two weeks.
Tue 28/08/01 at 16:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
jesus. another console war topic. we've seen enough of them now so no more.
Thu 30/08/01 at 11:36
So the GC has been delayed in the US by two weeks, Microsoft have slipped the Japanese release of X-Box by about four months. Who's winning now!
Thu 30/08/01 at 11:50
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yawn.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:07
Regular
NO ONES WINNING!
Sun 02/09/01 at 15:51
urrr sony had a crap lanuch of the ps2 and not a lot of people got it (compared to ps1) the real battel will start when the gamecube comes out on the 8th and the x-box on the9th.but nintendo willllll!!!!rule the waves of console war once again!!!!
Sun 02/09/01 at 16:00
Regular
*throws ming back into his padded cell*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.