GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Play-Asia Donkey Konga orders! and some other info...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/12/03 at 17:56
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Well just a little problem if you don't know about it! Donkey Konga is being shipped tommorrow instead of Friday 12th, yes!, sadly if you have ordered an additional drum you should of recieved an email from Play-Asia stating that the drums are so RARE, that there only getting them in tommorrow (one small batch) and next week, if you've only just preordered an additonal drum you'll probably have to wait! So you have to reply to Play-Asia stating that: you want both order's shipped together (meaning a slight delay for you getting Donkey Konga), you want to spilt the order's (i did this) so Donkey Konga is shipped tommorrow and the additional drum follows a little bit later (please note delivery will have to be paid for each item) or you can cancel the additional drum (not a very good idea if there so RARE). I'm a tad dissapointed but it's a Xmas Present anyway so i can't play it till 25th, meaning the delay with the extra drum is not going to make a lot of difference!

Donkey Konga is also going to be released in the UK, around March/April 2004. The drums will most probably be very RARE, like Samba Di Amigo Marraca's, at this moment in time the game and drum set is not, so that's a good thing, i'm a little bit surprised that extra drums are RARE for the Japanese market as they love this sort of thing! My advice to you would be to preorder the game the minute you can in your local GAME etc.. The cost of the set is unknown, but i'm guessing £49.99! Hope all that Info's help's people who have bought it from Play-Asia and want it when it comes out in Europe! :D if you want to look at the official news section please go to www.play-asia.com!
Fri 19/12/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
UPDATE! Just to let you guys know, it DOESN'T save with the freeloader or load any games you have done! I have a JAP Gamecube thankgod but using the Freeloader doesn't let you save anything at all, which kind of takes the point away from winning stuff. Modded UK/USA are fine, and obviously if you got a JAP Gamecube that's best as well. Sadly Lik-Sang are wrong with their theory that it works fine with both Freeloaders! It does work but it doesn't save! Quite bad for people who are wanting to use Freeloader's. Sorry to give you bad news :(.
Thu 18/12/03 at 08:25
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Icarus wrote:
> Sandbox Magician wrote:
> Oh, Owen if you order from Play-Asia in future, it might be worth
> noting to ask them to "mark down" your package before
> sending it, usually stand a better chance of not getting hit with
> customs.
>
> How come?

Because there's a limit (£18 non-gift/£32 gift) on your goods that C&E will allow through without hitting you for extra duty.
Wed 17/12/03 at 21:58
Sandbox Magician wrote:
> Oh, Owen if you order from Play-Asia in future, it might be worth
> noting to ask them to "mark down" your package before
> sending it, usually stand a better chance of not getting hit with
> customs.

How come?
Wed 17/12/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Owen wrote:
> Thanks alot, do they mind you asking that though? and how do you do
> it? :)

Nah, not at all, they're more than happy to mark it down for you.

Just use the contact form, which can be accessed via your Order Details to ask them and you will generally receive a response within 24 hours.
Wed 17/12/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Thanks alot, do they mind you asking that though? and how do you do it? :)
Wed 17/12/03 at 15:14
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Oh, Owen if you order from Play-Asia in future, it might be worth noting to ask them to "mark down" your package before sending it, usually stand a better chance of not getting hit with customs.
Wed 17/12/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> They get games into stock so early, that even with standard delivery
> you get them around the time they are on sale in "normal"
> Japanese high street shops.

'Tis true and because of this I got my Hyper Street Fighter 2 Special Anniversary Edition this morning.

Considering it was shipped on the Monday and arrived this morning, that's good service, oh, and no Customs either.
Wed 17/12/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Got my additional "Kongas" from Game Choice who have stock.
Wed 17/12/03 at 12:54
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
The additional drums still aren't in stock at Lik-Sang or Play-Asia, or anyother Import Shop instead of Kingcube, i would really suggest that you'll buy the additional drums the minute they come in stock as the back-log of order's (in play-asia for example) for the additional drums is pretty big!
Wed 17/12/03 at 11:23
Regular
Bloody hell, I'll have to pick Donkey Konga up before it disappears.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.