GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Bonus Disk Availible in Comet for £9.95?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/12/03 at 17:59
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I think you'll find this is true! So get down to your local Comet Quickly! I'm not buying one, but i find it extremeley unfair that people have forked out 4500 of their stars for a £9.95 item when the GBA Player is 5000 Stars but is worth £39.99! Agree? Good Luck in finding one! Oh and do it quick before Nintendo Of Europe find out and stop Comet from selling any Gamecube products! What there doing is illegal! :)
Thu 11/12/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Looked in my WHSmiths today. Didn't see any on the shelves there.

But this is Boro, the back country! Probably take ages for them to get their act together to get em in!

:)
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hmmm...I could go into town tomorrow and have a look about.
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:11
Regular
Argh, so close.

I was in town today, it was a Dixons, not a Currys or Comet, and they had no cube stuff at all, but I looked in WHSmiths and there it was. Only there wasn't a price on the box...

I took it to the till, trying to look natural, and handed it over. After searching around for ages to find the disk to put in the box, the till girl scanned it through and it came up as 1p.

She went to get a manager to check, and they eventually noticed the 'not for re-sale' on the box.

Denied.

:^(
Wed 10/12/03 at 20:41
Regular
Dammit, and I went and forked out something like £800 for Nintendo games and wasted all my stars on the ruddy disk when I coulda just gone and bought it for a tenner

*sigh*
Wed 10/12/03 at 20:04
Regular
I saw WHSmiths selling it for £12.99 while I was in town today, it still say 'promotional disk' on the packaging.
Wed 10/12/03 at 18:08
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Good point, i didn't think of that! It would be a good idea to ring Comet up before going miles away to try and get one! It could be one stores mistake and not everyone elses! some person on the Cube-Europes forums has a picture of the disk and the reciept next to it! Go and have a look!
Wed 10/12/03 at 18:04
Regular
Heh. I needed to go shopping soon anyway, so I might go have a look.
Was it a curry's or comet in the town centre...?

I'd be surprised if it was available though, and even more so if it was available in all stores, rather than just one store's screw-up.

But I'll take a look
Wed 10/12/03 at 17:59
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I think you'll find this is true! So get down to your local Comet Quickly! I'm not buying one, but i find it extremeley unfair that people have forked out 4500 of their stars for a £9.95 item when the GBA Player is 5000 Stars but is worth £39.99! Agree? Good Luck in finding one! Oh and do it quick before Nintendo Of Europe find out and stop Comet from selling any Gamecube products! What there doing is illegal! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.