GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worship this man you dirty hippies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/08/01 at 13:56
Regular
Steve "That animal looks really angry" Irwin.

The Australian maniac that knows no fear and is willing to put his life on the line so I can laugh at him cheating death.
What a top, top bloke.
There are loads of these wannabe mentalists now, but Irwin was the greatest and still is.
Doesn't matter if it's an alligator, rampaging hippo, lions, he'll walk right up and poke at it with a short pointy stick.

Fantastic tv.

I've seen him get chased by a Kimodo Dragon, climb a tree and have to kick this monster in the face repeatedly to make it go away.
He's been waist-deep in water tugging at a baby-alligator whilst saying "Hear that noise! That's the sound of an angry mother coming to defend her baby", whilst you can see the cameracrew backing off and I'm sitting there in stitches because Steve Irwin is the bravest/stupidest man to ever walk this planet.

Not just him though, he has a wife that is equally missing the "run away! Danger Will Robinson, Danger!" gene.
They both stood in a river, at night netting alligators.

Maniacs.
Absolutely, 100% deranged, no-fear lunatics.

And all I have to do is turn on and watch them risk their lives to so I can learn what a furious and charging Elephant looks like.

Brilliant.
Tue 28/08/01 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Steve "That animal looks really angry" Irwin.

The Australian maniac that knows no fear and is willing to put his life on the line so I can laugh at him cheating death.
What a top, top bloke.
There are loads of these wannabe mentalists now, but Irwin was the greatest and still is.
Doesn't matter if it's an alligator, rampaging hippo, lions, he'll walk right up and poke at it with a short pointy stick.

Fantastic tv.

I've seen him get chased by a Kimodo Dragon, climb a tree and have to kick this monster in the face repeatedly to make it go away.
He's been waist-deep in water tugging at a baby-alligator whilst saying "Hear that noise! That's the sound of an angry mother coming to defend her baby", whilst you can see the cameracrew backing off and I'm sitting there in stitches because Steve Irwin is the bravest/stupidest man to ever walk this planet.

Not just him though, he has a wife that is equally missing the "run away! Danger Will Robinson, Danger!" gene.
They both stood in a river, at night netting alligators.

Maniacs.
Absolutely, 100% deranged, no-fear lunatics.

And all I have to do is turn on and watch them risk their lives to so I can learn what a furious and charging Elephant looks like.

Brilliant.
Tue 28/08/01 at 14:03
"High polygon count"
Seen him a few times - the guy is absolutely mental!

I saw him get spat at by a cobra and he had to go and wash it off in a river. Thing is, the river was so dirty he'd probably have been better off with the venom! :-)
Tue 28/08/01 at 14:05
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
He's good but Mark O'Shea Ex- SAS member is even funnier, hes completly mad, I saw one show a few weeks ago where he was in a boat and saw a pythons head sticking out of the water, he jumped in and tried to drag it into the boat for a closer look, to his surprise the python wrapped it's self around his legs and he couldn't move, well not upwards he started to sink! he couldn't let go of the snake as it would bite him and he had no control over his legs! now, thats madness, he wasn't even looking for the snake in the first place he just happened to see it.
Tue 28/08/01 at 14:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yup, that's the one.

He's an amazing man, he'll be making an appearance in Log in The Creek.

Doesn't matter how stupidly dangerous, he'll pick it up, flick it's nads, go swimming with it, crawl into it's den.

Always with a big grin and that cream safari outfit. I've seen him go diving wearing that gear.
Best bits I've watched?

The Kimodo Dragon chasing him, at full speed run up a tree whilst the camera-crew ran away.
Hippo charging him, he stood in the water-hole saying "Boy he looks ticked off!"
Scorpions crawling over his arms and him saying "Just one sting from one of these little devils is fatal!" again with that big idiot grin.

Make this man Prime Minister of Australia..no, the world.
Imagine Aliens coming to visit.

He'd bound up to them, whack them in the goolies with a pole and try to get them to chase him up a tree.
Tue 28/08/01 at 14:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I wonder where they found this guy a mental institute? I didn't realise he did all that stuff, whens he on?
Tue 28/08/01 at 14:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Discovery Channel most nights about 7pm.

The show is called "Crocodile Hunter", but it should be called "Insane Aussie Bloke that makes a point of aggravating dangerous animals so they chase him and try to kill him"

Every single episode he flirts with death, and always with a big grin and "This is so cool!", whilst his wife battles equally ferocious animals next to him.
Tue 28/08/01 at 14:25
He is a true genious.

And he just shows so much enthusiam in almost killing himself.

I saw one once, and he was like 'my wife is more of a go-er than me, she got bit by this here snake, while pregnant, and didn't die!'

Wonderful.
Tue 28/08/01 at 19:25
Get Steve Irwin doing a show with Johnny Knoxville, and I'll have perpetual incontinence......
Tue 28/08/01 at 21:08
Regular
You're forgetting his hilarious DANGER!DANGER! comment when he's stuck his head in a termite nest or something...
Thu 30/08/01 at 00:14
Lunacy/bravery its a fine dividing line. But did you see the piece in the Predators series on BBC2 about a little crearture called an Eye Eye, pronounced I, I . Its a little mammal beastie that lives in the jungle in Madagascar. It looks kind of like a Kola Bear except it has very big ears and its forefinger on its right hand is long and bony with huge bloody great nail on it.
So Darwins theory of adapt or dies goes that this little Beastie the I I uses its extra long bony finger as a deadly hunting instrument/divining rod. It finds a tree, clings to the trunk and with its long, bloody great finger taps on the bark. If it finds a worm the vibrations in its bony finger picks it up, it then closes its eyes to hear properly, puts its big ear up against the trunk and starts tappping again. Once its confirmed that a worm is there its huge buck teeth come into action as it rips through the bark. It then sticks its bony great finger through to fish the little worm out, scoop it into its mouth and munch on dinner with its big buck teeth. I'd like to see Steve Irwin confront this deadly cuddly toy with bug teeth, big ears anda bony finger. Freaked me out for days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.