GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online Gaming - Will Single Player ever be enough again?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/12/03 at 22:40
Regular
With Live making it within the reach of almost anyone, and more original multiplayer gaming experiences appearing all the time, has the single player game almost had its day?

Waddya think?
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:54
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Thank you captain obvious...
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:52
Regular
"8==="
Basically any game that has multiplayer will be suitable for online play.
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Imagine an online Animal crossing style Ze;lda game, where you played a koriki....

mmmm
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:48
Regular
"8==="
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.

Nuff said. ;)
Thu 11/12/03 at 19:44
Regular
"tokyo police club"
GTA3 was a near perfect gaming experience, and possibly the best game on PS2.

Vice city suffered from poor level design - the city never really flowed, and seemed like it had something missing
Thu 11/12/03 at 19:22
Regular
"\\"
But can you not say GTA 3/VC was done right for the PS2? So surely they'll get it right for the xbox.
Thu 11/12/03 at 15:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
No, it wouldn't.

it'd be you running around, stealing cars and hitting people. only you can talk to them.

Done right it would own. done in a typical fashion, it'd suck.
Wed 10/12/03 at 23:50
Regular
Until you can play Grand Theft Auto online then one play will still be important. Imagine playing GTA3 online, that would be really kewl
Wed 10/12/03 at 23:22
Regular
I'm still waiting for a Live game with something new involved (other than voice-chat).

Sure, Online Gaming on consoles is great - but it isn't better than solo-play in many respects.
Wed 10/12/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
But not every game suits online. Personnally I prefer single player as you've usually got a story, rather than just playing a game. An adventure game like KOTOR would be completely different if online. Games like Halo wouldnt be able to have a great single player game if it was just online.

I think that online play is good for games that allow for multi-player aspects, sports, racing and fps. But still a mix of single player and multi-player in a game is good and will still be around for ages, if not forever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.