GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OPS2 magazine and yabasic."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/08/01 at 12:35
Regular
Has anyone tried typing in the code at the back of the last 3 magazines? Have they got a side scrolling shoot 'em up working yet?

I only have this months Deus Ex issue with the collision detection part in it, so I can't try out the code :-(

If it's not too long, could someone post the code from the previous 2 issues so I can catch up! =)

If it's too long, don't worry, but please tell me what the game is like as you build it!!!!

It looks like a great game in the making.
Wed 29/08/01 at 17:32
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah i got the special edition magazine two days ago...
and it is REALLY useful for people like me...who are new to the world of playstation 2....
gives you a run down of all the games....which is quite useful.
the interviews with the games makers are also informative...it sort of let's you know what is happening in their heads.....
i recommend it to people like me....
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Thanks! I've mailed them requesting the mags with the code. I like the sound of that exclusive mag. 24/8? It should be out now then!
Wed 29/08/01 at 13:25
hmmm..yabasic.... are you calling me basic?

ps.what is yabasic and can i do anything with it. i once typed the letter G into it.
Wed 29/08/01 at 11:46
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
you can,but they sell out fast.
i think you can get them off the web site:

http://www.futurenet.com/futureonline/games.asp

while looking for the site i found this article about the magazine:

Special edition of UK’s biggest PS2 magazine

Future Publishing launches Official PlayStation 2 Magazine: Special Editions

A Special Edition Buyers Guide is the first of four one-off Special Editions of the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine to be published by Bath-based Future Publishing this year. A brand extension of the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine, the first of the Special Editions will constitute 'The Definitive PlayStation 2 Guide' packed with everything new PlayStation 2 owners need to know about PS2 games and their console.

Packaged in a foil bag, issue one includes reviews of every single PlayStation 2 game available (105 at present), the top 50 DVDs, tips for the playable demos on the magazine’s exclusive playable demo DVD and a large preview section featuring the biggest upcoming games over the next twelve months.

Vice President and MD of Sony Computer Entertainment UK, Ray Maguire, says: “The Official PlayStation 2 Special Edition is the first magazine that allows PlayStation owners and potential buyers the chance to see and experience the full and wide ranging number of titles currently available for PS2”.

Additional content of the Special Edition Buyers Guide includes the complete PlayStation 2 story - from its origins to its future online. Also included are interviews with developers of classic games such as Gran Turismo 3 and Metal Gear Solid 2.

Each magazine has an exclusive covermounted DVD with four playable demos. In the first special edition, the playable content comprises such hit games Formula One 2001, ZOE, Dead Or Alive 2 , MTV Music Generator 2 plus 23 videos of upcoming titles.

Mia Roberts, Publisher, Games Division Future Publishing, says: “This Official PlayStation 2 Special Edition is the perfect magazine for new PS2 owners. The Buyers Guide is packed full of all the information needed to make buying decisions on games that are available to buy now”.

As of end July 2001, 552,000 PS2 units have been sold in the UK (source: ChartTrack).

Official PlayStation 2 Magazine: Special Edition Buyers Guide will retail at £4.99 and goes on sale 24/08/01
Wed 29/08/01 at 09:32
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
=) hehe.

Does anyone know if you can get back issues of OPS2 magazine? I can't find it in the mag...
I'll have a search on the web.
Tue 28/08/01 at 17:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Er, yeah...
Tue 28/08/01 at 16:08
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I had a feeling it might be :(
Thanks anyway!
Yeah, tell me what the game looks like once entered!! I'll be collecting the code from now on, but it is annoying that they aren't allowing for the people who have just started buying their magazine.

If anyone else feels like spending an evening typing it in here, feel free!!!! I would be grateful!
Tue 28/08/01 at 14:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The code is massive, but when I have some time I'll input it in and report back.
Tue 28/08/01 at 12:35
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Has anyone tried typing in the code at the back of the last 3 magazines? Have they got a side scrolling shoot 'em up working yet?

I only have this months Deus Ex issue with the collision detection part in it, so I can't try out the code :-(

If it's not too long, could someone post the code from the previous 2 issues so I can catch up! =)

If it's too long, don't worry, but please tell me what the game is like as you build it!!!!

It looks like a great game in the making.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.