GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA question..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/12/03 at 11:26
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ive just bought a GBA and was wondering how long the batteries hold the charge and how long i need to charge them for?
Sun 14/12/03 at 06:54
Regular
"Booooom"
Ohh I thought you were talking about the GBA SP:|
Sun 14/12/03 at 00:54
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Theyre fully red :s

I think my recharger might be knackered... i left the batteries on charge for 9 hours and therye still showing as red when i went to use the GBA (the power supply for the charger was also cold to the touch instead of an expected 'warm' immediately following the 9 hour charge.)
Sun 14/12/03 at 00:23
Regular
"Booooom"
When the light turns red the batteries are nearly dead, when they turn green they are recharged again;)
Sat 13/12/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Think your suppose to nuke new rechargeable batteries by charging them for about 16hrs ain't ya? Otherwise they don't fill up totally before you start using them, then they last not as long each time they are used.

Just make sure they are FULLY charaged. And FULLY run down each time u charge em.

If you have a decent charger, one of those ones you plug the batteries into, and then plug the charger into the wall; they have an indicator light on em to say when their charged. If it's something else, refer to some instructions which hopefully came with it.

I bought one of those rechargeable battery packs for my GBA when I got it. Didn't give ANY indication as to how long you are suppose to charge the thing, or how long it lasts. Last about 3-5 hrs I think... :S Dunno really. Makes a good mains adapter tho!

:)
Sat 13/12/03 at 13:39
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Normal rechargeable batteries i assume (im new to GBA so dont know much about them :S

Thanks for the replies guys, i'll just leave it on charge for about 12 hours and see how long it lasts... i dont yet know how long it would take to fully charge the batteries but 12 hours should be sufficient to put some power into them :)
Sat 13/12/03 at 13:35
Regular
Providing they've been fully discharged before recharging:

18 hours with the light off
10 with it on
Sat 13/12/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
This a GBASP or just normal recharable batteries? If it's just normal bats then it all depends on the brand, so you'll just have to wait n see i'm afraid.

:)
Sat 13/12/03 at 11:26
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ive just bought a GBA and was wondering how long the batteries hold the charge and how long i need to charge them for?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.