GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 100 Greatest Kids TV Shows Ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/08/01 at 19:52
Regular
Well, the program mentioned in the title(which lasts for over 3 hours) is about to start in less than an hour.

What I want to know is what does everybody think the show at number 1 will be and then what you would have chosen if you could pick the show at number 1.

I think Blue Peter will be at number 1, but personally I would have liked it to be Thundercats. That was just the best kids show ever in my opinion, with such great characters like panthro and snarf.
Mon 27/08/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Well, the program mentioned in the title(which lasts for over 3 hours) is about to start in less than an hour.

What I want to know is what does everybody think the show at number 1 will be and then what you would have chosen if you could pick the show at number 1.

I think Blue Peter will be at number 1, but personally I would have liked it to be Thundercats. That was just the best kids show ever in my opinion, with such great characters like panthro and snarf.
Mon 27/08/01 at 19:58
Regular
If Blue Peters at no 1 then im gonna strangle the producer, ive never ever liked blue Peter its so dry. Number 1 should be Thunder Cats or He Man.
Mon 27/08/01 at 19:59
Regular
Or maybe Mr Benn
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:58
Regular
its a discrase!
no sign of

transformers
thundercats
superted
banana man
defenders of the earth

loads were missing!! what happend? did they decide to just completly skip the 80s

good result though Simpsons at no.1
Wed 29/08/01 at 19:48
Regular
Don't forget trapdoor and fraggle rock, oh yeah and count Duckula
Wed 29/08/01 at 19:48
Regular
and the Turtles the list goes on
Thu 30/08/01 at 13:28
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
I can't remember what position it was, but did anyone see that program somewhere called "Button Moon"? Crap!! It looked like it had a budget of 50p per episode! Just a load of brightly painted junk sitting around under this little 'Button Moon'.

Also, it now seems that the American's have got more common sense thatn we thought: They actually BANNED the Teletubbies, because they realised 'Tinky Winkey', with his purple atire, triangular ariel and big red HANDBAG was gay!!

The only good program they had on that program in my opinion was The Simpsons in at NO.1!!! Good job too.
Thu 30/08/01 at 14:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Trap Door was brilliant. The Simpsons being No.1 was good. Due to my age, I am ashamed to say that I watched every program that was in the top ten. And I also watched Button Moon!
Thu 30/08/01 at 14:55
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
I have to say I was, well not surprised but slightly put out when The Simpsons was revealed as the number one kids show ever.

Don't get me wrong, The Simpsons is an absolute masterpiece of television entertainment and I love it, my problem is that I don't think that The Simpsons is a childrens programme.

It's not aimed at kids specifically, unlike a huge majority of the other shows listed in the top 100 - it's more universal than that. Everybody watches The Simpsons, not only the younger elements within our respective households. Just because it's a cartoon rather than live action doesn't detract from the fact that it is clearly not 'Just for Kids.'

It's a bit like saying that the A Team or The Dukes of Hazzard are childrens programmes - just because I watched them as a child.

Any show that monopolises the prime time viewing slots is not quite in the vein of lunchtime/after school/Saturday morning viewing that other more easily definable kids shows occupy.

The Simpsons as a phenomena transcends most of the generally accepted rules that you would apply to a cartoon, and though other cartoons are watched by adults these generally have a cult status that maintains them as popular; Dangermouse or Mr. Benn being to prime examples of that.

If they were to run a best 100 TV show's of all time next week, there would be no prizes for guessing which programme would win, or at the very least be in the top two or three and that's my point really.

And what happened to the Flumps?
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:01
The Simpsons has progressed from good to better to excellent over the past 10 years and ahas managed to keep people addicted to it all that time. All credit must go to Matt Grogning for coming up with 10 years worth of different scenarios and story lines.

COME ON PEOPLE! ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.