GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smugglers Run: Warzones"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Smuggler's Run: War Zones'.
Sat 13/12/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Today I bought Smugglers run : Warzones for £6.99 and I saw it was made by the same people who made Grand Theft Auto , Rockstar.
I have no GameCube yet (getting one for christmas hopefully other wise that is about £45 worth of 2nd hand games down the drain) so I was wondering if it was a shoot 'em up or racing game or both. Could some one tell me?
------------
Cheers
CGJ
Sun 14/12/03 at 09:52
Regular
No problem CGJ, and cheers Rabid, like what you said, im stuck on Starfox Adventures and Metroid Prime, im getting bored of trying to do one thing on StarFox and im getting bored of running around on Metroid, it's been so long since i've been told what to do on it, i forgot what the hell it is, lol

I might go and try to get the Hovercraft thingydybob bob up, as have completed the other games, cant be arsed to complete them, or bored stiff out of them, lol
Sun 14/12/03 at 01:03
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Smugglers run is ok... ignore what the back of the case says regarding the 175 missions or whatever... theres actually only around 37 'story' missions, the rest of the levels are made up of checkpoint races, and a cops and robbers type of thing... the game was ok but it does get a little samey after a while... too much of the same thing for my liking, not a review but i'd give it 6/10 having played it through it fully.

To gain the hovercraft type thing you need to get a rating of 'good' in ALL the 37 story missions, i got a rating of 'good' in around 30 missions but grew tired of replaying missions over and over that i'd already completed succesfully just to unlock a hovercraft that i wouldnt use anyway having already finished the game.
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:47
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Thanks Damarus & A_Spoon
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:44
Regular
I thought and still think it's a good game, i think that it is a person who likes games where you just go around either trying to stop someone, or just getting objectives and delivering them with a small range of cars, it is someone's like that's kind of game!

By The Way, has any body got the hover craft thign or whatever, i cant get it, it's to hard for my liking, lol
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:31
Regular
It's actually quite a good game. Theres no racing (as such) or shooting. You drive around picking up and delivering objects trying not to get stopped by the police etc and before your oponents (In multi and single player). The driving mechanics are excellent.
Sat 13/12/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Today I bought Smugglers run : Warzones for £6.99 and I saw it was made by the same people who made Grand Theft Auto , Rockstar.
I have no GameCube yet (getting one for christmas hopefully other wise that is about £45 worth of 2nd hand games down the drain) so I was wondering if it was a shoot 'em up or racing game or both. Could some one tell me?
------------
Cheers
CGJ

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.