GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hole"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/08/01 at 18:16
Regular
Anyone listen to them? Their latest album Celebrity Skin is absolutely awesome and has some of the best songs I've heard in a long time.

Courtney Love's the lead singer, check 'em out if you have any taste in music :-P
Tue 28/08/01 at 15:25
Regular
Courtney Love may have sold out but Hole still make some good tunes, Celebrity skin was more or less a pop album but I still liked some of the tunes on it.
Tue 28/08/01 at 15:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What a helpful addition to the thread.
Tue 28/08/01 at 15:15
Regular
"I am your father"
You guys are just to old for me. AHHHHHH. Seeing this must make you feel old, and it makes me feel young. Oh what is feels to be young and healthy *cough* I am a very healthy individual myself *coughs up blood*
Tue 28/08/01 at 15:11
Regular
"not dead"
I like some of thier stuff.

I thought Doll Parts was God-awful, but some of the singles from Celebrity Skin are pleasent enough.

I don't think it matters who the lead singer was married to, it shouldn't come before the music, but I definitely understand the whole hating someone, and not seeing past that thing....
Tue 28/08/01 at 11:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Quite possibly.

I just need to get over my loathing of Courtney Love as a person.
Married to a guy that was 100% alternative and loathed the celebrity lifestyle thing - and now, like you and I both say, she's at The Oscars, making movies etc.

I don't like Nirvana all that much, but Cobain had beliefs and principles - I dont see him being happy with the way she's turned out

But this is about the music, and I've only heard a few songs so I'm not really able to say with authority "Well, the 1st album was the best because..."

Maybe if I could ignore Courtney Love I might appreciate the music...
Tue 28/08/01 at 11:25
Regular
"You've upset me"
My Body the Hand Grenade is one of their best. And Pretty on the Inside is my favourite of them all.
Tue 28/08/01 at 11:21
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I loved L7 and Babes In Toyland also did some decent stuff, but they were often pretty straight-forward, leap around in a mosh-pit kind of stuff.

There was a bit more going on with hole. Listen to some of the older lyrics and you may see what I mean.
Tue 28/08/01 at 11:19
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Goatboy,

I also saw them at Reading that year and they were admittedly abysmal. She was a shambles and should never have been allowed on the stage. Not their finest moment.
Tue 28/08/01 at 11:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Everytime I listen to Hole, I can just see Babes in Toyland and L7 doing it before and much better.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong
Tue 28/08/01 at 11:17
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Hole are one of the greatest bands of the 90's. When Pretty on the Inside was released it was an awesome slab of rage, disgust and feedback and they were unmissable live. At the ULU in '91 Love was absolutely captivating. A true star.

After Pretty on the Inside, they released their second LP, which was mellower and more melodic but a fine work in its own right, which got overshadowed by the death of Cobain. Shame, really. Marrying Cobain killed her credibility but she was a fine performer in her own right who had a way of tapping into very raw emotions in her songs (only Trent Reznor seems equally capable of combining extreme noise and such deceptively simple, yet affecting lyrics).

Celebrity Skin was their most poppy to date and, while it had some good tracks on it, was a disappointment compared to their earlier efforts. Go check them out.

Anyone who doubts them should take a listen to Doll Parts, Plump or Dicknail. Courtney Love has descended into celebrity hell since of course. As Nerf Herder put it: "She wore grungey clothes, then doctors fixed her nose. Courtney Love, don't throw it all away..."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.