GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A resurrected love for Mechwarrior 4 : Mercenaries..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance'.
Sun 14/12/03 at 17:40
Regular
Ahhhhhh, yeah. It's been ages since i played this, but every time i play the game i'm hooked for about 3 long months. But this time around, there seems to be a problem with game versions on multiplayer.

ANYWAY, i just love the game. One of the best i've bought ever, and i absolutely adore the great ease of customization with the mechs in-game, compared to the horrifying things i saw on a mech 3 demo just now. It's one of the things that makes the game for me. Packing a mech with Lasers and giving it a run, failing badly, going back and fitting rotary cannons the next time and winning easily is part of the magic of finding that perfect configuration. Plus the combat actually feels rough and boisterous, especially in Assault class matches, where that big crawling cube packing multiple autocannons is giving you greif of great magnitude, as each salvo gives your mech a sharp slap - throwing your aim off by a mile.

anyone else share this kind of enthusiasm for the game?
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:06
Regular
Yea when your tactics work out.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What?

I like action every now and then you know, the quick bit of excitment, but slower pace strategy is often more satisying.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:39
Regular
hur hur..
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I like both, depends what mood I'm in.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:35
Regular
*not

BAGGAR is me...
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:34
Regular
oh well, i suppose some people just prefer slow action to fast action...

nit in THAT way.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I loved it like my baby.

Slower paced, custom stuff all there.....action, strategy....I'm not totally sure why I loved it but it rocked.

MC2 was bootiful, and I was the only person ever to buy it. Great fun, bit too easy in comparison and not quite as magical, but definitly a great game. Customisation was genius.
Sun 14/12/03 at 20:24
Regular
I didn't like Mech Commander myself. the customization was still there, but it just didn't show it's true entity in-game. 'twas only the demo, mind.
Sun 14/12/03 at 17:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Not Mechwarrior, but I ADORED the Mechcommander series.

Genius.
Sun 14/12/03 at 17:40
Regular
Ahhhhhh, yeah. It's been ages since i played this, but every time i play the game i'm hooked for about 3 long months. But this time around, there seems to be a problem with game versions on multiplayer.

ANYWAY, i just love the game. One of the best i've bought ever, and i absolutely adore the great ease of customization with the mechs in-game, compared to the horrifying things i saw on a mech 3 demo just now. It's one of the things that makes the game for me. Packing a mech with Lasers and giving it a run, failing badly, going back and fitting rotary cannons the next time and winning easily is part of the magic of finding that perfect configuration. Plus the combat actually feels rough and boisterous, especially in Assault class matches, where that big crawling cube packing multiple autocannons is giving you greif of great magnitude, as each salvo gives your mech a sharp slap - throwing your aim off by a mile.

anyone else share this kind of enthusiasm for the game?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.