GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"True Crime"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Sun 14/12/03 at 18:09
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Anyone got the game?

Wouldnt mind getting any views from anyone who has. Looks a little like a cross between Vice City and Getaway. The advert certainly looks promising.

Worth looking into anyone?
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:01
"©opy Right™"
True crime is a cra* game. I wouldntrecommend getting it cause it is boring it doesnt even compare with GTA. There is just something about it that makes it boring maybe the fact that you cant go round killing people for no reason with a mini gun.
Mon 29/12/03 at 21:21
Regular
"Thou shalt GAME!"
I agree with sam_min, it is an amazing game!
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I certainly wouldn't recommend True Crime to anyone anymore. There are just too many bad things about this game.

It has a decent story to it, but with the mix of dodgy camera angles, pretty bad graphics (and I even have the X-Box version), rubbish controls, awful sound effects (remember Vigilante 8, just the same), and various other issues, you probably won't feel like playing through the story anyway.

You're best sticking with GTA, or maybe even The Getaway. I know The Getaway has it's problems, but it's much better than True Crime and at half the price.
Sun 28/12/03 at 12:46
Regular
"Notable"
Sam_Min wrote:
> In my opinion True Crime:Streets Of LA is the best game yet.

hee-hee. It sure is....
Sun 28/12/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sandbox Magician wrote:

> So it's yet another identikit GTA-clone that fails to meet GTA's
> quality?

Pretty much, yes
Sun 28/12/03 at 09:12
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Blank wrote:
> It's not bad, but not as good as it looks. The driving isn't up to
> much - the handling is rubbish and it's difficult to avoid running
> people over all the time.

So it's yet another identikit GTA-clone that fails to meet GTA's quality?
Sat 27/12/03 at 21:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's not bad, but not as good as it looks. The driving isn't up to much - the handling is rubbish and it's difficult to avoid running people over all the time.
Tue 23/12/03 at 21:25
Regular
In my opinion True Crime:Streets Of LA is the best game yet. It has brillent surroundings, great cars, cool missions and you even get to boost your skills: You go into places and learn how to fight, shoot and drive and you get upgrades when you pass.

The only downfall to this game is that it is so short. If the producers made it even longer it would be such a good game. Some of the missions are to easy and pointless and some are impossible to complete. There is no difference to the missions at the start of the game and at the end as the missions get harder and then start off easy again. The last mission of the whole game would have to be one of the easiest in the game
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:52
Regular
I think that the game is good.
It may be a bit short and repetive.
And the faults and the glitches in the game occures very often.
But the gameplay is quite good.
The good/bad system is very innovative.
And the city is huuuge.
The missions may be a bit repetive but I think that the gameplay in them are quite nice.
But the game will not pass gta3 or gta: vice city, but it will pass the getaway.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It is terrible. Really, really, atrocious.

It promises so much freedom, yet is awfully linear. It also involves some spasticated criminals, a difficulty setting that can't really be changed from "fecking impossible", and some rubbish bullet-time immitation.

And the same cars appearing again, and again, and again. Say you get into an open-topped pink car - well, all over the road will then be open-topped pink cars. Behind you, in front of you, on the other side of the road. .

Really, worthless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.