GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero GX Brand New : only £16.99 :)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well that's all I paid for it anyways!

LOL!

Good luck to anyone else trying to find that bargain of the year!!!

Was going round town with the misses and her cousin+daughter. Went into WHSmiths, so thought I'd have a look for that Zelda bonus disk, see if it was about (even though I don't think I'll buy it anyways as tbh I can't see the point!). Anyways, was looking at the Cube games and at the front of a row was F-Zero with a £16.99 price sticker on it. I looked at it, and had a glance at all the other games aroudn. Nope, everything else was priced £39.99! Thought this was strange. You know in Smiths all the games are in those plastic boxes? Well so was this. I could see the price on the inside said £39.99 as did every other copy of F-Zero, but on the 'outside' was a little sticker saying £16.99! Picked the game up, had a look aroud and spotted a employee helping some kid try to find a copy of Need For Speed Undergroud on Cube.

I asked her "This has a price sticker on it saying 16.99! All the other copies don't, so is this actually 16.99?"

reply "It will probably scan through at the till to be £39.99 but if you say there's a price label showing £16.99 they will have to sell me it for that price."

This is a myth within the consumer rights! I've been in shops before where the wrong sticker has been on, and you get to the till and they just tell you to bog-off, and charge you the right price.

Anyways, decided to try my luck at the till. Handed it over saying there was this price sticker on, so how much is it. Scanned through to be £39.99 I said, some sales assistant over their said it would scan through to be £39.99 but as there's a sticker on it saying £16.99 it would have to be sold for that price. Sales person wasn't entirely sure, so quickly asked the person next to her who said ring some other person. She did and was told she would have to override the price to be the £16.99

mwahahahahah! So I got a brand new copy of F-Zero GX for only £16.99!

I am happy!

:D
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well that's all I paid for it anyways!

LOL!

Good luck to anyone else trying to find that bargain of the year!!!

Was going round town with the misses and her cousin+daughter. Went into WHSmiths, so thought I'd have a look for that Zelda bonus disk, see if it was about (even though I don't think I'll buy it anyways as tbh I can't see the point!). Anyways, was looking at the Cube games and at the front of a row was F-Zero with a £16.99 price sticker on it. I looked at it, and had a glance at all the other games aroudn. Nope, everything else was priced £39.99! Thought this was strange. You know in Smiths all the games are in those plastic boxes? Well so was this. I could see the price on the inside said £39.99 as did every other copy of F-Zero, but on the 'outside' was a little sticker saying £16.99! Picked the game up, had a look aroud and spotted a employee helping some kid try to find a copy of Need For Speed Undergroud on Cube.

I asked her "This has a price sticker on it saying 16.99! All the other copies don't, so is this actually 16.99?"

reply "It will probably scan through at the till to be £39.99 but if you say there's a price label showing £16.99 they will have to sell me it for that price."

This is a myth within the consumer rights! I've been in shops before where the wrong sticker has been on, and you get to the till and they just tell you to bog-off, and charge you the right price.

Anyways, decided to try my luck at the till. Handed it over saying there was this price sticker on, so how much is it. Scanned through to be £39.99 I said, some sales assistant over their said it would scan through to be £39.99 but as there's a sticker on it saying £16.99 it would have to be sold for that price. Sales person wasn't entirely sure, so quickly asked the person next to her who said ring some other person. She did and was told she would have to override the price to be the £16.99

mwahahahahah! So I got a brand new copy of F-Zero GX for only £16.99!

I am happy!

:D
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:47
It was me who changed the labels of FFV with F Zero X.
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:47
Regular
Once I was told by EB that a WWF Attitude would be £40.

It turned out to be £45 but because I'd pre-ordered it on the information of it being £40, they let me have it for that.
Even the other day, I overheard a Game salesperson telling someone that they were getting it cheaper because of a labelling error and that they had to legally sell it for the lower price.

I also overhead a McDonalds guy talking about how in another restaurant, a manager meant to do a £1.99 promotion but a typo meant it said .99.
So they ended up having to sell a load of meals for just 99p! :-D
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:50
Mind you, it doesn't work in good clothes shops. Me and a few others were in a Armani outlet just yesterday (there was a clothes sale on, selling last year's stuff), and mt friend saw a sweater for £40 (half price). But upon scanning, it came up as £105!!!! Needless to say, he chose not to buy it. It is essentially a piece of wool after all.
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:55
"I love yo... lamp."
Pfft. I got worms 3D for £20 in erm a high street GAME shop the other day.

Best bargain ever was a £450 leather coat that I got for £45 by flirting with the sales assistant.
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:56
*jaw drops*

What, as she was inputting the price, you casually caressed her hand with a persuasive,

"Now, that's not necessary, is it?"
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:59
"I love yo... lamp."
Not quite.

But people who work in retail are always amongst the best to hit on. A few years back when I was in the states I got hit on (note the other way around) by a district director of Toys R Us. Result? Free pre launch cube stuff. I was well stoked.
Mon 15/12/03 at 00:00
Well that's all very well for pilots, chief.
Mon 15/12/03 at 00:02
"I love yo... lamp."
She didn't even know that at that point. Which goes to show you the benefit of an easy smile and a foreign accent.
Mon 15/12/03 at 00:02
Regular
I found Def Jam Vendetta for £9 in Gamestation. Went to buy it by apparently the sticker had been moved and banned me from the store.

So I went into *cough* GAME and picked it up for a tenner.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.