GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Footie games- who's champions league and who's LDV Vans trophy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Wipe me dry!!"
I've had nearly every Fifa football game since 1996 on the megadrive, but after hearing people talk, this year i went for Pro Evolution Soccer 3. Good choice? Who is the Real Madrid of the footy world?
Fri 19/12/03 at 10:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*Sighs*

As i tried to tell you by pointing you in the direction of Ortega's post, yes Pro Evo 3 is BY FAR more realistic than SWOS, i'm not even disputing that point with you, SWOS, IN MY OPINION, is more enjoyable. I own Pro Evo 3 and think it's a very good game however SWOS will always hold a special place in my heart.

Will i be playing Pro Evo 3 in 10 years time like i have been doing with SWOS? I very much doubt it.
Fri 19/12/03 at 10:07
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
lalakersrule wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
>
>
> But you go play em now and you'll be crying out for the photo
> realistic Real Madrid that is PES3, after just 1 game of the blocky
> monochrome sprites of Ritman Rovers.
>
>
> No i won't because i'm not a graphics whor- e (stupid censors). I
> would go on further but Ortega has taken the words out of my typing
> fingers with his post, such is the incredibly smart person he is.

No i'm not a graphics whor- e, as you put it, (a geeks word if ever i heard one)

I don't mean JUST the graphics, the gameplay is the most realistic to a real game of football, the sound is the best to create the stadium atmosphere.

Ok, so you like playing SWOS, but you have to admit PES3 is the better game.

If you want to play a arcade game that requires you to get a white dot, into a white rectangle, by using red dots, with blue dots trying to stop you, go play SWOS.

If you want to play a football simulator, that is as acurate to the real game as your going to get right now on a console, play PES3.

Each to his own, i'm choosing PES3.
Fri 19/12/03 at 05:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
oasismark wrote:

> But you go play em now and you'll be crying out for the photo
> realistic Real Madrid that is PES3, after just 1 game of the blocky
> monochrome sprites of Ritman Rovers.

No i won't because i'm not a graphics whor- e (stupid censors). I would go on further but Ortega has taken the words out of my typing fingers with his post, such is the incredibly smart person he is.
Fri 19/12/03 at 05:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Unfortunately my Uncle took his Amiga back so now i have to make do
> with a crappy emulated version playing on my keyboard, which is damn
> near impossible
>
> I'll be selling an A500 in the New Year...

I'll be moving to Canada after Christmas (OI stop cheering at the back) so unfortunately i won't be able to buy it off you although i'd have liked to, even if it would have meant lining the pockets of a Arsenal supporter :-D
Fri 19/12/03 at 00:03
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> near impossible

I'll be selling an A500 in the New Year...
Wed 17/12/03 at 11:27
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
SWOS owns everything and always will do. In
> this one instance i will quite happily admit i am a big SWOS fanboy.
> near impossible

Ah. I've got SWOS 95/96 (limited edition euro 96 edition) and 96/97 which was the last version ever made on the Amiga! I have two copies becasue them damn floppy disks aint the most reliable things ever made. Mine have never gone bad but one of m8's copies got stuffed.
Wed 17/12/03 at 11:24
Regular
No, i still play SWOS every year over the summer becasue its a class game. I find quite amusing that many gamers worry more abut the colour of a footballers boots or the design of the football rather than the actual game itself.

Sure, PES3 is closer to the real thing than SWOS which makes it a better realistic game but it doesnt make it a more enjoyable game.

I'm still playing SWOS nearly a decade after it first came out. Thats how you can tell if a game truly is a classic. I went back and played Fifa 97 not too along ago it was complete tripe.
Wed 17/12/03 at 10:39
"Darkness, always"
Sensible Soccer games were all crap.
Wed 17/12/03 at 10:38
Regular
"360: swfcman"
oasismark wrote:

>
> P.S. SWFC for the LDV cup!

You know its true!

Up the Owls!
Wed 17/12/03 at 10:33
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Don't talk silly.

PES3 is the best football game there is at the moment, until a newer, better version is released.

Retro gaming is fine, and will hold many happy memories for all gamers through the years, but really SWOS is not even close to PES3.

Games will always improve. (not always the case, but generally most do)

We wondered how they could improve on FIFA 97 on the megadrive, i remember that being the best football game ever!!!!
Matchday II even on the speccy was great, "you can head it" were the joyous crys.

But you go play em now and you'll be crying out for the photo realistic Real Madrid that is PES3, after just 1 game of the blocky monochrome sprites of Ritman Rovers.

Games designers will always improve aswel as consoles, the best games are always the newest versions.

P.S. SWFC for the LDV cup!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.