GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Fuzzy" Monitor problems"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 15:29
I have a laptop equipped with a Mobility Radeon 9600. Whenever I run an game, after 10 minutes the screen display starts to become fuzzy, similar to radio interference. Has anyone else experienced this, with a Radeon or other GFX card?
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:29
I have a laptop equipped with a Mobility Radeon 9600. Whenever I run an game, after 10 minutes the screen display starts to become fuzzy, similar to radio interference. Has anyone else experienced this, with a Radeon or other GFX card?
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Sounds like your monitor is on its way out, if its going fuzzy after ten minutes (once its warmed up fully)
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:05
On its way out? I've only had it for two weeks!!!
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Icarus wrote:
> On its way out? I've only had it for two weeks!!!

Might be faulty then. I've had the same thing happen at work a couple of times.

One thing you could try is replacing the gfx card if you have a spare, or running off the built in motherboard one (If it has one) and seeing if it is the monitor that is the problem.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:19
At the moment I can't play games on an external monitor I have, so I can't check if that's the problem. It's the same for the GFX card - mobile cards are rather expensive, and it's money I just don't have to use just for testing.

I'll try looking around some forums.
Mon 15/12/03 at 17:49
Regular
Could be something to do with magnets?

Are you close to anything that may cause interferance with a laptop monitor?
Mon 15/12/03 at 20:27
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
change the refresh frequency rate.
Mon 15/12/03 at 21:35
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Could be something to do with magnets?
>
> Are you close to anything that may cause interferance with a laptop
> monitor?

Heh, whenever my mobile phone is near my monitor and I receive a message or call, the screen goes all weird with lines.
Tue 16/12/03 at 13:23
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have had a similar problem on my laptop with a 32MB Mobility Radeon. However I have only experienced this on one game - GTA: Vice City, all my other games run fine.
Tue 16/12/03 at 19:59
Well, it doesn't happen on Jedi Knight 2, and also Deus Ex 2. In cut scens, characters do have a lot of moving white pixels on their characters - anyone else have this problem?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.