GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"lets do this again: Consoles its been done b4 but who do YOU think is the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/08/01 at 07:17
Regular
In the begining god greated a Tv.
After he oversaw the the createon of an Atari ST.
To play on the TV
Aswell as that a Megadreive came out of the hat
A nes and snes and many more unreallesed Japanese consoles
Then there came the
Sony PSX and the
Nintendo 64
But then a revelution of dreams came true
when the brand new Dremacast came out
Then there was the next gen
How tired gods eyes where then
A PS2 a Gameube
And a new Xbox
Not forgetting the PC
or the Game Boy AD
So god put alot into it and happy we should be
For since the Atari St
We bought a Sega GT

Happy voting youve got until september 2nd so start NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 27/08/01 at 07:17
In the begining god greated a Tv.
After he oversaw the the createon of an Atari ST.
To play on the TV
Aswell as that a Megadreive came out of the hat
A nes and snes and many more unreallesed Japanese consoles
Then there came the
Sony PSX and the
Nintendo 64
But then a revelution of dreams came true
when the brand new Dremacast came out
Then there was the next gen
How tired gods eyes where then
A PS2 a Gameube
And a new Xbox
Not forgetting the PC
or the Game Boy AD
So god put alot into it and happy we should be
For since the Atari St
We bought a Sega GT

Happy voting youve got until september 2nd so start NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 27/08/01 at 12:41
Regular
The best console is the one I own at any particular time.
At the moment it's the DC.
Two years ago it was the N64.
Three years ago it was the PS.
Before that the Megadrive.
In the future it will be the Xbox.
Money detates my bias.
I'd own every console if I had the dosh.
Mon 27/08/01 at 12:45
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Your right it's been done before, I own an N64 and all of it's predececors, I also have the GBA, I love all thing Nintendo so i'm biased, I like the DC, but I've only played the PS2 once so I don't know what it's like.
Mon 27/08/01 at 13:10
Regular
"I am your father"
I would have to agree with EyeCandy, as it is the best console as otherwise you'd get rid of it and get something better. For in theory I understand the question you are trying to get at. What makes a console good is not just what features it has on it (DVD player) or how many control ports there are. It is about the games that have been brought to the console.

The playstation was at the time the best console possibly ever, it has over 900 games availible to choose from. But the thing I am most looking forward to is the X-Box, now can someone verify this for me, but can you play all PC games on the X-Box, or just some?

As the PC has created some of the best games of all time. And all those top titles on any console is normally transfered over to the PC. A good console though, the PS2 originally had a plasma screen on it and 4 control ports, what went wrong with that?

If it's cheap, powerful and all extra's for the console are cheap then it's a good console. At the moment the only thing that intrests me in a PS2 is Metal Gear Solid 2. But it will probally come out on the PC and therefore on the X-Box, so I'll just wait for the X-Box.

Does anyone know when it is released?
Mon 27/08/01 at 19:58
Snes ruled the world befor PS came into it. Mario Kart and Final Fantast games kicked a**e. So the graphics on mario might not have been as pretty as sonic on megadrive but that means more focus on gameplay.
After that N64 had far the best graphics and games, but it needed many more games, third party support and cheaper games. It remains my favourite console out.
GBA has the handheld market completely to itself, but whos complaining. With great graphics and sound and top quality Nintendo and Third Party games it is wicked.
In the future I see Gamecube comung out victorious. I will be buying one and already, although not as powerful as the XBOX the games look like they will be some of Nintendos best yet. Also it promises to be very inexpensive.
Do I see a patern here. NINTENDO RULE!
Mon 27/08/01 at 20:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Sorry, i dont care anymore.
Mon 27/08/01 at 20:07
Regular
I know there isn't a best console there all good for different things, I prefer Nintendo but that dosen't mean that the Gamecube is the best console. Its just the best console for me.
Mon 27/08/01 at 21:09
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Eye Candy said:
Money detates my bias.

>>My favs at the mo are DC and PS2 and GBA!
It used to be Playstation and then MegaDrive and Gameboy and then Master System!
Mon 27/08/01 at 21:10
Regular
The title: "I know it's been done before."

Biggest understatement of the year :-D

It's been done billions of times.

Although it's not been done like this before...
Mon 27/08/01 at 21:11
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Eye Candy said:
Money detates my bias.

>>My favs at the mo are DC and PS2 and GBA!
It used to be Playstation and then MegaDrive and Gameboy and then Master System!

I agree! If i won the lottery (im not old enough yet) i would buy GC X-Box and every other system i could get my hands on, and i woudl buy every signle game for that console..... ACTUALLY MAYBE NOT, AS I WOULD NOT GET OUT MUCH!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.