GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why we eat and drink playing games........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/08/01 at 00:30
Regular
Whats the best thing to eat and drink when youre playing games?

Sitting there infront of a screen whether a Playstation, Nintendo or PC, you just have to have a snack and a drink within grasping distance!

Why is it we have this habit?

Some people Ive spoken say that when they started smoking, one of the reasons was because they had nothing to do with one of their hands while they were holding a beer in a pub!

Now im not sure if this is true, maybe some of you smokeaholics can enlighten me a little! :-)

Anyway, what im trying to say is, do we sanck because our hands are free?.... between levels where you dont need to use the controller, you dont know what to do with your hands, so you take to food or drink!

Maybe Im being a little far fetched, and maybe we do only eat because we're hungry, and drink because we're thirsty....

But I think theres more to it than that.....

----

*PAUSE*

*Dav1d takes a quick sip of his coke, and takes a handful of crisps*

Damn, got me crisps in the keyboard! Dont that just suck?! :-)

*BACK TO TOPIC*

----

Where was I?..... Oh yeah.....

More theories of why we eat and drink playing games......

Im not sure about you but games can be very exhausting sometimes. You may not be running about on that football pitch, but control the players is stressful enough.

My hands sweat, and sometimes my whole body releases fluid (just sweat though!)

Are games now so exciting and realistic that they wear us out? Do we take a drink to refresh ourselves after 3 laps of Gran Turismo?

Some food experts say they lots of people eat because they are bored..... maybe game designers stick in things like loading times, and credits, just to bore us into eating!

OK, so that really is a bit far fetched, but you just cant rule these kind of things out nowadays!

First they get us to eat, next they turn us into zombies and take over the world! *cough* or not! :-)

---

Whats your favourite food or drink while playing games?

Mine has to be a big bottle of coke, with salt and vinegar pringles! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mon 27/08/01 at 18:27
I've never eaten nor drunk whilst playing a computer game... maybe I'll do it when a one hand joypad becomes available, or some scientist genetically grows an arm and a hand onto my body.
Mon 27/08/01 at 13:22
Regular
"I am your father"
I don't drink or eat anything while playing computer games, as now you have to use 2 hands it has become increasinly hard. But that's OK as now I'm training by foot to be able to feed me. Yummy.
Mon 27/08/01 at 13:01
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I'm normally ni too much of a trace when I play games food and drink don't come into my mind.
Mon 27/08/01 at 12:28
Regular
We are lazy gits aren't we?
Mon 27/08/01 at 12:09
Regular
I bite my nails whilst watching the cut-scene before a big boss confrontation. Other than that, I don't eat or drink anything whilst playing.
Mon 27/08/01 at 11:38
Regular
"You've upset me"
A mars bar or some other chocolate food stuff or a crisp sandwich, and a bottle of water or my brothers vodka and coke (For long nights)
Mon 27/08/01 at 11:35
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I never eat whilist playing games, I have tried before but always get the controller all mucky.
Mon 27/08/01 at 10:14
Regular
i never eat while playing games(i eat enough already). is there any other people like me?
Mon 27/08/01 at 02:38
Regular
Thanks for keeping to the topic TILT......

Knew I could count on you! :-)
Mon 27/08/01 at 01:36
Regular
Ha ha ha, dont forget ya tweasers Bob cheese.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.