GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Tactics Advance help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Tactics'.
Tue 16/12/03 at 19:52
"The Will of D."
Well, who would have thought that I of all people own a Final Fantasy game! I had my doubts because of it being made by the same company that fell out with Nintendo ages ago, but I have already forgiven them.

Anyway I'm not 100% completely used to the game yet and am stuck at a particular mission which is vital for my continuation in the story part of the game. I am at Pale Company, the 3rd Crystal fight against the 4 titans (1 Totema, 3 sub monsters with seperate magic colour R,B,Y) I have managed to get the Totema's health all the way down to 24 before now but was defeated after one of the other monsters incresed his defenses so it would take at least 5 normal attacks from 1 person (alive and cannot use Item) to finish him off for good.

Is there any possibility that i should try to take down the 3 other monsters before taking on the main totema, because if you have any suggestions against it I will try it next time I try.

When I did the fight where ialmost won there was a Fire law card in play which i think had something to do with me doing so well snce that completely stopped the red monster from doing long range magic attacks, but when I tried playing my own Colour Magic law card it didn't stop them at all, probably coz it only affects dark magics.
Also I have been saving up and most of my characters have 10 Jp's but only 2 of them can use them in combo attacks (Marche and Mountblanc) which is slightly annoying coz I have no use for the other people's Judge points, unless there is?
Tue 16/12/03 at 19:52
"The Will of D."
Well, who would have thought that I of all people own a Final Fantasy game! I had my doubts because of it being made by the same company that fell out with Nintendo ages ago, but I have already forgiven them.

Anyway I'm not 100% completely used to the game yet and am stuck at a particular mission which is vital for my continuation in the story part of the game. I am at Pale Company, the 3rd Crystal fight against the 4 titans (1 Totema, 3 sub monsters with seperate magic colour R,B,Y) I have managed to get the Totema's health all the way down to 24 before now but was defeated after one of the other monsters incresed his defenses so it would take at least 5 normal attacks from 1 person (alive and cannot use Item) to finish him off for good.

Is there any possibility that i should try to take down the 3 other monsters before taking on the main totema, because if you have any suggestions against it I will try it next time I try.

When I did the fight where ialmost won there was a Fire law card in play which i think had something to do with me doing so well snce that completely stopped the red monster from doing long range magic attacks, but when I tried playing my own Colour Magic law card it didn't stop them at all, probably coz it only affects dark magics.
Also I have been saving up and most of my characters have 10 Jp's but only 2 of them can use them in combo attacks (Marche and Mountblanc) which is slightly annoying coz I have no use for the other people's Judge points, unless there is?
Wed 17/12/03 at 09:30
Regular
Each race has a totema, which you 'get' by defeating them in the crystal battles. This is the third crystal fight, right?
When you have the totema for a race, your characters of that race can use 10 jps to call th totema, who'll damage all enemies on screen. If you're having trouble with a boss, do this as much as possible.

You're on the one with the totema plus 3 dragons, right?

The temptation when you only need to kill one character is to focus on him alone.
Sometimes it's the best policy, sometimes it isn't.

If you find the dragons doing you a lot of damage, you may want to use one or two characters to attack them (powerful colour magic of a different kind to the dragons in its damage area would be good) or use an archer's aim:arm to stop them attacking you.
Or you may find they do so much damage, it's easier to get rid of all of them before you tackle the totema.

Make sure you use your healing stuff and white mage well too. And learn which of your attacks are most powerful.
Wed 17/12/03 at 17:00
"The Will of D."
Wahoo I tried it by focusing on the dragons first, plus implementing the Fire law card to stop one of the dragons from using a long range magic attack, and it worked! I had to use a lot of pheonix tails to revive the people that were sacrificed to kill off the dragons while i was running around trying not to fight the totema as much as possible until I had a full team in which to beat him with.

About the Totema attacks, the only races before this battle that could use totema's were the bunny looking ones (Mount Blanc) and I was wondering if humans were also allowed to use them how come out of all my team (at least half are humans, 3 of the 6 I use) how come my main character who I name Psycho Fox, is the only one that can use the Combo attack? Plus it really isn't called a Totema attack when he can get it coz he only needs 1 Jp to use it.

So what other race other than MBlanc's and the Bangaa (lizards) can use the Totema at this point?
Thu 18/12/03 at 11:53
Regular
You know the Combo attck is different from the Totema attack, right?

And other characters can acquire the Combo attack by using a weapon which teaches it - like other special attacks.
Thu 18/12/03 at 15:34
"The Will of D."
I've only just begun to utilize the weapon/armour attack abilites, so i've just been learning some new abilites now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.