GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A quezzie about conflict desert storm 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Desert Storm 2'.
Wed 17/12/03 at 21:51
Regular
"The Red Shift"
its a great game first and foremost.

but the thing is, i did a great long range shot with jones and a crappy uzi like gun. it took a sniper and at the top of the screen where it says new objective, etc. it came up with: "stealth killing awarded to jones". i completed the level and when i looked at his stats etc, nothing had changed.
Wed 17/12/03 at 21:51
Regular
"The Red Shift"
its a great game first and foremost.

but the thing is, i did a great long range shot with jones and a crappy uzi like gun. it took a sniper and at the top of the screen where it says new objective, etc. it came up with: "stealth killing awarded to jones". i completed the level and when i looked at his stats etc, nothing had changed.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:20
Regular
It means you killed him without the dead guy knowing you were there, it should knock up your *status* it goes from 1-10 with number 1 being guard or something like that, number 9 is Crack and i think the more stealth kills you do the better you rating is.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
when you talk about the 1-10, thats the mission experience thing isnt it? (regular, veteran, etc.)

if thats right, this confuses me even more. after completed, i checked the stats: his skill level was not flashing, showing an improvemenmt and the next level bar was near to zero. therefore he didnt advance or gain any experience, yet i heavily used him???
Thu 18/12/03 at 15:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It's like an RPG thing. You kill a certain number to advance up the chart.

So, if you only need 10 kills to get to Veteran level, even if you hardly use your character, you should still get there. If you need 100, and you use your character loads, you still might not.

Stealth Kill bonuses, as far as I'm aware, are just a little bit extra at helping you on the progression route.
Thu 18/12/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Selected"
that and its cool to sneak up behind a guy and slit his throat right nice like
Thu 18/12/03 at 16:28
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i understand you aj and kr but it all falls down at some simple reasoning. if his next level is a mm off of nothing and he has not advanced a status, then all that work resulted in a millimetre of the next level bar. thats the problem im having.

*kniving people is not right, but its extra good if you get them without them knowing:)*
Thu 18/12/03 at 17:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
When I play in four-player on my Gamecube version, pretty much most of the time there'll be two people using knives instead of guns.

Don't know why it is, but I've noticed it's always the case. I'm not one of the people who use knives, though. I'm not doss. My mates seem to think it's cool, or something. It's clearly just doss, however.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.