GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE Gaming!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/08/01 at 16:58
Regular
GCSEs are over for some of us now! *wipes sweat from brow*

Some of us with good results, some maybe not so good...

But can you imagine if there was a GCSE in Gaming?!

I would pass it easily.... infact id probably get an A* :-)

Its too late for us, but for our children, childrens children, childrens childrens children...... We need to do it for them!

We can take this to the top and make the world know..... that a GCSE should be issued to Gaming! :-)

----

What the GCSE would consist of:

Practical Work - 85%
Coursework - 5%
Theory Work (Exam) - 10%

----

The practical work would be to pick 5 different games, 1 driving, 1 strategy, 1 puzzle, 1 shooting, 1 beat em up....

You would need to get highscores to achieve better grades, Bonus Grades awarded for opening secret levels! :-)

Coursework...... what can I say?..... I hate it, you hate it, we all hate it, and our childrens childrens children will probably hate it too!

5%.... Pah! I'll make up for it with the practical!

Theory Work.... This proably the hardest part of the GCSE, and seperates the real Foggers from the newbies!

You have to know all the tecnical stuff, how to make a computer game, and the best food and drink to have while playing games...... all very important issues in gaming! and worth 10%!

----

Are you with me on this one?! :-)

If not, do it for your childrens childrens children! :-P
Sun 26/08/01 at 16:58
Regular
GCSEs are over for some of us now! *wipes sweat from brow*

Some of us with good results, some maybe not so good...

But can you imagine if there was a GCSE in Gaming?!

I would pass it easily.... infact id probably get an A* :-)

Its too late for us, but for our children, childrens children, childrens childrens children...... We need to do it for them!

We can take this to the top and make the world know..... that a GCSE should be issued to Gaming! :-)

----

What the GCSE would consist of:

Practical Work - 85%
Coursework - 5%
Theory Work (Exam) - 10%

----

The practical work would be to pick 5 different games, 1 driving, 1 strategy, 1 puzzle, 1 shooting, 1 beat em up....

You would need to get highscores to achieve better grades, Bonus Grades awarded for opening secret levels! :-)

Coursework...... what can I say?..... I hate it, you hate it, we all hate it, and our childrens childrens children will probably hate it too!

5%.... Pah! I'll make up for it with the practical!

Theory Work.... This proably the hardest part of the GCSE, and seperates the real Foggers from the newbies!

You have to know all the tecnical stuff, how to make a computer game, and the best food and drink to have while playing games...... all very important issues in gaming! and worth 10%!

----

Are you with me on this one?! :-)

If not, do it for your childrens childrens children! :-P
Sun 26/08/01 at 17:02
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
now all we need is a time travelling machine and you can teach your wisdom to the govenment and you will get all A*s! maybe you'll do the same with your Alevels get a great job, become a millionaire then travel forward in time to your retirement and spend all your 'hard' earned cash.
Sun 26/08/01 at 17:09
Regular
Fogmaster wrote:
> become a millionaire then travel forward in time to your retirement and spend all your 'hard' earned cash.

Yes but a million pounds back then, is about £10 today! :-)
Sun 26/08/01 at 17:15
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
how old are you? I got the impression that you'd only just finished your GCSEs, ok maybe you could get your million (old money) make a company called Sony....travel into the future and well, you'd probably have a heart attack when you see your bank balance(s)
Sun 26/08/01 at 17:18
Regular
Yeah Ive just finished my GCSEs thank god! A-Levels next :-(

Anyway, stuff Sony....... Microsoft! $£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$!
Sun 26/08/01 at 17:58
Regular
Yeah ummm great topic, ummmm has anyone seen Bob Cheese?
Sun 26/08/01 at 18:06
Regular
Yes TILT.... thanks for that.....

Does anyone know this person?..... What an idiot! :-)
Sun 26/08/01 at 18:08
Regular
Ha ha David you so funny, oh by the way you left you tweasers round bob chesses house :0)
Sun 26/08/01 at 18:11
Regular
"Bob Cheese.... what you doing with my tweasers? You know my mum needs them to pluck her eyebrows.....

Anyway...... Has anyone actually got any comments about the topic?! :-)

GCSE Gaming...... Remember?..... The one you entered and were thinking of posting in...
Sun 26/08/01 at 18:12
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
I'm embarrassed to say I would only get an A or a B, not an A*! How bad!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.