GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All in the name?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/08/01 at 16:41
Regular
There are many famous actors out there at the moment especially with loads of new movies coming out at the moment.

Ive been looking at some of the actors names and wondering how lucky, and unlucky some of them are!

When you look an advertisment of a film and see an actors name at the bottom/middle/top etc.

You judge the film, if you like the actor, you think that the movie will be good too.

If there's an actors name you havent heard of, but it sounds pertty awesome, it may change your mind.

Names like Weslep Snipes, Arnold Schwarzneger, Tom Cruise are all (I think) quality names because they sound flashy when you say them.

If your an actor with the name Michael Douglas you already have a disadvantage.... People are less likely to remember it, well atleast I always forget it! :-)

----

These are my top 10 actors/actresses names and it has nothing to do with how famous or how gooda actor they are:

1. Benicio Del Toro
2. Arnold Schwarzneger
3. Michelle Pfeiffer
4. Catherine Zeta Jones
5. Wesley Snipes
6. Robert de Niro
7. Sylvester Stallone
8. Cameron Diaz
9. Alicia Silverstone
10. Tom Cruise

Helena Bonham Carter, Catherine Zeta Jones, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michele Gellar, Sarah Jessica Parker, and many more...

Would these names be as catchy if they were only first and last name?

Catherine Jones, Sarah Gellar..... Just doesnt have the same effect!

Ive told you about the lucky ones, so heres some of the unlucky ones!

Sandra Bullock, Courtney Cox, Ashley Judd, Jada Pinkett, Lara Flynn Boyle, Nicole Kidman, Uma Thurman, Drew Barrymore
..... any more?

----

Give your top 10 names of actors/actresses......

and also state your name!..... Just so that we can see if your one of the lucky ones....... or the unlucy ones! :-)

By the way mines David James..... Pretty boring really! Westham Keeper.... yes I know! :-)
Sun 26/08/01 at 16:41
Regular
There are many famous actors out there at the moment especially with loads of new movies coming out at the moment.

Ive been looking at some of the actors names and wondering how lucky, and unlucky some of them are!

When you look an advertisment of a film and see an actors name at the bottom/middle/top etc.

You judge the film, if you like the actor, you think that the movie will be good too.

If there's an actors name you havent heard of, but it sounds pertty awesome, it may change your mind.

Names like Weslep Snipes, Arnold Schwarzneger, Tom Cruise are all (I think) quality names because they sound flashy when you say them.

If your an actor with the name Michael Douglas you already have a disadvantage.... People are less likely to remember it, well atleast I always forget it! :-)

----

These are my top 10 actors/actresses names and it has nothing to do with how famous or how gooda actor they are:

1. Benicio Del Toro
2. Arnold Schwarzneger
3. Michelle Pfeiffer
4. Catherine Zeta Jones
5. Wesley Snipes
6. Robert de Niro
7. Sylvester Stallone
8. Cameron Diaz
9. Alicia Silverstone
10. Tom Cruise

Helena Bonham Carter, Catherine Zeta Jones, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michele Gellar, Sarah Jessica Parker, and many more...

Would these names be as catchy if they were only first and last name?

Catherine Jones, Sarah Gellar..... Just doesnt have the same effect!

Ive told you about the lucky ones, so heres some of the unlucky ones!

Sandra Bullock, Courtney Cox, Ashley Judd, Jada Pinkett, Lara Flynn Boyle, Nicole Kidman, Uma Thurman, Drew Barrymore
..... any more?

----

Give your top 10 names of actors/actresses......

and also state your name!..... Just so that we can see if your one of the lucky ones....... or the unlucy ones! :-)

By the way mines David James..... Pretty boring really! Westham Keeper.... yes I know! :-)
Sun 26/08/01 at 21:49
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
My top 3.....

1. Arnold Schwarzneger
2. Sarah Michelle Gellar
3. Clint Eastwood

and my name is BORRIS..... Mr. BORRIS.....cool name isnt it?!

The worst name is Jim Carey..... and yes I think hes the most annoying actor in the world!
Sun 26/08/01 at 22:07
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Dav1d, you put Sylvester Stallone at number 7. That's only because he's really well known. If you had never heard of him and you saw his name, you'd laugh. Come on, Sylvester. What do your friends call you? They'd have to call you Sully or Sly or something. I mean, who calls their son Sylvester.

And I like Michael Douglas. He may not have the flashiest name but if I see a film with him in, it'll probably be at least alright. I saw a film advertsied in America with him and Sean Bean in and it looked a lot like Ransom. I'll need to see that.

Anyway, here are some names I like:

Johnny Depp, Kurt Russel, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro (perhaps not the Robert but if you say De Niro on it's own then it sounds pretty damn cool), Carlos Rodriguez (he's Davenport's coach I think and that's a pretty cool Columbian Drug Lord name as well) and here is my favourite Columbian Drug Lord name ever - Enrique Castro! Good, eh?

:)
Sun 26/08/01 at 22:11
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh and my is Thomson.....Ross Thomson.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.