GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda: Collector's Edition Disk"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/12/03 at 09:35
Regular
Mine arrived today (from the stars catalogue).

So if you don't have yours yet, there's a good chance it'll be on the way soon.

And yes, you do get a box with the disk.
Wed 24/12/03 at 10:06
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
This is the one with the five games, right?
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:51
Regular
The Zelda: Collector's Editions are going for £30+ on ebay
Tue 23/12/03 at 00:39
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Finally got around to playing ti today - bloody amazing :-D
>
> I never thought the first Zelda would be so good, and while the
> second is a little shoddy in comparison it's still great. I also had
> a 20 minute go on the Wind Waker demo, thinking I'd turn it off
> straight away, and was reminded how brilliant it actually is.

I got it today to and playing Wind Waker makes Majora's Mask etc... seem like real poor.

I was playing Majora's Mask. All the memories and the good times came flooding back. But I realised that Wind Waker was indeed more fun.
Mon 22/12/03 at 17:07
Regular
I know what you mean about how 'lost' you seem in the first two games. I might give one a go, but two seems a bit crud. The top down sections in two reminded very much of Pokemon games actually...

Hrmmm...
Mon 22/12/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Mine arrived on Saturday, thankfully. :)

I, too, gave the Wind Waker demo a blast, but was dissapointed to find the game cut-off after 20-minutes - even though that I knew about it before-hand... You just forget about these "little things" in the brilliance of `The Wind Waker´! ;D

I liked the dungeon-level on the demo. It was different the one in the game intself, with obvious short-cuts, so new-comers could sample more of the delights of this classic. And, although it started rather familiarly, where the changes had been made, it made it seem `all-new´, sort of.

But just as I was about to face those 2 minor Moblins before the big-basta'd one, there it went - *ZIP*!

As for the first Zelda game though, EURGH! I'm not bothered about the graphics or anything, it's just how "lost" you begin the game compared to the 2 N64 games. No real introduction as to `who´ and `where´ you are, and `where you must go´... I just found myself wondering-around aimlessley, in-search of some Help, taking a lot of easily-avoidable damage, just because of the fact Link only moves in FOUR directions; as opposed to the 8+ I am used to! :P

Still, I think it WILL be good, though...
However, I'm not so-sure about Zelda II. It feels even worse! It's like it's "trying to be Mario" or something - and, again, you have the same problems of "cluelessness", as in the first-one. And boy, do they ever skip it on the speech of the NPCs! Why, I've seen text-messages with more to them than what they tell you!! ;)

I'm sorry, I've become too accustomed to the "modernised" ways of Gaming. :P
Mon 22/12/03 at 16:14
Regular
Finally got around to playing ti today - bloody amazing :-D

I never thought the first Zelda would be so good, and while the second is a little shoddy in comparison it's still great. I also had a 20 minute go on the Wind Waker demo, thinking I'd turn it off straight away, and was reminded how brilliant it actually is.
Sun 21/12/03 at 13:00
Regular
Classique.
Sun 21/12/03 at 12:53
Regular
I've been playing Bubble Bobble - I'm in a retro-classic mindset :^)
Sun 21/12/03 at 12:19
Regular
Well it is nearly 20 years old.
Sun 21/12/03 at 11:51
Regular
Been playing the first zelda.
At first I was expecting it to be the nuts, then I felt a bit disappointed, then I got into it, and it was the nuts after all ¦^)

About to go into the fourth dungeon...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.