GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Team Freeola"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory'.
Sat 17/02/07 at 16:21
Regular
It's a suprise to me to know that I'm not the only one who still plays this game. So I thought I would set up Team Freeola just incase anyone else wanted to play ET with me and Vexxxed =) (when he's not busy ;P)

It's a great game, I've been playing it for several years and met some great people. I've had hundreds of hours of enjoyment and it's a game I still regularly play.

So if you're interested in playing too, you'll find everything you need in this thread. =)

----

What is Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory?
Enemy Territory was originally going to be an expansion pack for 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' unfortunately, or should I say fortunately, there were problems with the single player mode.

The multi-player version was released for free in May 2003 and became very popular, winning several awards. Originally it only had 6 maps, but now there are 100s of user created maps to play on.

Enemy Territory is a WW2 first person shooter. There are 2 sides, the Allies (Americans) and the Axis (Germans). It's a little different from Capture The Flag and Death Matches. With each map there's a mission to complete and either side will have to attack or defend before the time runs out.

For example, on the map Fuel Dump the Allies have to destroy the Axis' fuel dump to win the match. The Axis have to stop them. To get to the fuel dump, the Allies need to move a tank, build and get it over a bridge, blow up the first main gate, then blow up the fuel dump gate, then destroy any fences around the objective to get in and blow it up.

That might sound quite easy to do but with the Axis destroying the bridges, damaging the tank, rebuilding any defenses, you'll soon realise it's anything but easy.

Winng a match requires a lot of team work. You need Engineers to build the bridges, Covert Ops to provide smoke cover for them, Medics to heal and revive teammates, Field Ops to provide ammo and air support and Soldiers to take down the enemy with their heavy weapons.

There are 5 classes in total, each with their own skills and all very important.

Soldier
The Soldier has several heavy weapons and is quite good at taking down lots of enemies. As he uses heavy weapons he can be quite slow so most weapons are best used from a distance.

Panzerfaust - This is like a rocket launcher, it causes a lot of damage and usually kills those it hits. It's best not to use it in close range because you'll likely kill yourself and your teammates if you're not careful. Often considered a 'noob' weapon.

Flamethrower - This is a good weapon when used properly. It's good at keeping the enemy away from doors, windows and passage ways. If not used carefully, you might set yourself and your teammates on fire.

Mortar - You're a sitting duck if you use this weapon, so it's best to be hidden away from the enemy. By firing shells long distances you can cause a lot of damage like the Panzerfaust. Check your map and try to aim for areas where the enemy are, or any vehicles they're using.

MG42 - This is a machinegun, you lie down when using it. So it's a good weapon if you have the enemy charging towards you but you dont want to be too close. In good positions you'll be able to mow down lots of enemies.

Medic
The Medic's job is very important, he keeps his teammates alive and is sometimes better at attacking than Soldiers. If he didn't run out of ammo he would be perfect.

Health Packs - Give these to your teammates if they have lost some health. You can also leave some on the floor and they can be picked up when needed.

Syringes - Use these to revive any killed teammates. On some servers you can use the syringes on the enemy, though it'll poison and kill them with one shot.

Engineer
The Engineer is a vital class, his job is to contruct things, fix things, plant mines and arm dynamite. Without him completing a mission might be impossible. However he needs the help of his teammates to do his work.

Mines - Engineers can plant mines in soft soil areas. For your teammates a flag in either red (Axis) or blue (Allies) will appear. They can see it but the enemy can't unless it has been spotted. When stepped on, there will be a little smoke then an explosion.

Dynamite - Use this to destroy walls, bridges, vehicles etc. The timer is set for 30 seconds. Make sure you and your teammates arent around when it goes off.

Grenade Rifle - This is a good weapon. You can use it to fire a grenade at the enemy. Although like the Panzerfaust, if used incorrectly you might kill your teammates aswell as yourself.

Field Ops
Like the Medic, the Field Ops can be quite dangerous. He should provide his teammates with additional ammo, he can also call for air strikes and artillery.

Ammo Packs - Give these to your teammates so they have plenty of ammo. You can also leave them on the ground like medi packs. Around spawn is a good place to leave a few.

Air Strike - Throw a coloured smoke grenade (blue for Allies, red for Axis) and this will call for a plane to fly over the area and drop bombs. Make sure none of your teammates are near by.

Artillery Strike - Using the binoculars, select an area you want the artillery to fire on. They will fall down randomly in that area for a short while and kill anyone there. Good for damaging vehicles aswell.

Covert Ops
This class can be quite fun but he also play an important roll. As a Covert Op you can provide smoke cover for your teammates and sniper cover from a distance. You can also steal uniforms and go behind enemy lines.

Binoculars - Use these to spot enemy mines, when you do your teammates will be alerted. When a user reaches level 4 Awareness, they will also be able to spot mines even if they arent Covert Ops.

Smoke Grenade - Throwing this grenade will release smoke in the area where it lands. This can help your teammates alot as the enemy wont be able to spot them so easily. You can also throw them through windows and doorways if you have to rush in and attack the enemy.

Steal Uniforms - If you find a dead enemy (isn't moving) you can quickly steal his uniform. With it, you can sneak around behind enemy lines disguised as one of them.

Satchel Charge - This can be quite handy. It's a pack that you can throw, run off and then remotely set off. You do have to be in close range though. Use it to drestroy MG stations, rope bridges and Control Posts.

FG42 - This weapon has scope so you can use it to snipe with. However it's quite good in close range aswell. Firing a buster of rounds into your enemy.

K43/M1 - This is a quiet sniper rifle. Much better for sniping than the FG42 but not as good in close range.

Sten Silenced automatic rifle. This is quite an accurate weapon so if you get a few good headshots you'll kill your enemy quite quickly.

Other Weapons

Binoculars - Field Ops and Covert Ops already start with binoculars. Everyone else will get them when they reach level 1 Awareness.

Knife - All classes carry a knife, you can use them to damage MG stations, break windows and damaged walls. You can also use them to attack enemies from behind or underwater. Level 4 Covert Ops can kill with one hit. Some servers allow you to throw knives.

Grenades - Engineers and Soldiers start with 4, everyone else has 2. You can throw these grenades and they will explode after a few seconds. You can also prime the grenades so they explode a lot quicker.

Pistols - As well as your main weapon you also get a pistol which you can use when you run out of ammo.

Thompson/MP40 - This is the primary automatic weapon. All the classes except for Covert Ops can use this weapon. Only Soldiers and Engineers can use a different weapon.

Experience Points & Levels
Everything you do gains you experience points. Destroying things, building things, killing the enemy, etc.

Each class has 4 levels, the higher the level the more skills you gain. For instance, after level 1 Field Ops can give even more ammo. At level 4, engineers receive 50% less damage from explosions. Whatever skills you gain, you will keep them even if you change class. So if you max out all 4 levels on all 5 classes, then you've got a lot of advantages over someone with with no skill levels.

There are also 4 levels for Light Weapons and Awareness. When you reach level 4 for Light Weapons you'll gain a second pistol. For level 4 Awareness, enemy mines will become visible to you.

HOW TO INSTALL

You can download the game (For FREE) here on Download.com.

You can also download it here (registration required) in the Downloads > Main(ET) section.

The file is 257.78MB (Make sure you download the Windows version)

After you install the game, download and install the following

Patches (Install before playing)

I've uploaded all 3 patches onto my website, so just right click and select Save As. Don't run ET until all patches have been installed and punkbuster has been updated.

Install First Patch : 1.02
(Double click the .EXE file and it'll install it for you)

Install Second Patch : 2.60
(Double click the .EXE file and it'll install it for you)

Install Third Patch : 2.60b
(This is a .ZIP file. You need to replace the files ET.EXE and ETDED.EXE with the ones located in your /Program Files/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/ folder. So Unzip, and drag and drop the files into the folder and replace them.)

PunkBuster (Install before playing)
pbsetup.exe

PunkBuster needs updating to stop all those little cheaters. So please do the following steps.

1) Download the pbsetup.exe file above.
2) go into the /Program Files/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/ folder again.
3) Rename the folder pb to pb2
4) Create a new folder called pb
5) Place the pbsetup.exe file in the new pb folder
6) Double click it, in the window that pops up, click Add a Game then select Enemy Territory then Check For Updates

Now you are ready to play ET
Thu 13/03/08 at 21:53
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Things seem a bit different from Machie's post. For one thing, I can only play on the No Quarter's mod. For another, I download a ton of files before each match, then I don'tget any of the weapons he has listed. Hmm?
Thu 13/03/08 at 21:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I don't think so...
Or at least, if there is, it's not very advanced.
Wed 12/03/08 at 17:08
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Is there a buddy/ clan system there?

Give me a shout later if you want a game.

Screenname: Shalashaska
Wed 12/03/08 at 15:52
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I'm still playing (well, by which I mean I installed it at the weekend) but bogged down by deadlines at the moment :(
Tue 11/03/08 at 22:43
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Holy Jesus, this game rocks. Anyone still playing it, or am I too late, as always?

Covert Ops= TF2 Spy. Love it.
Tue 11/03/08 at 16:21
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Sehr gut.
Mon 10/03/08 at 22:25
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
New computer= me playing this. Let's go chaps.
Sun 15/07/07 at 15:12
Regular
I like sending people flying with a nade launcher :) Have you gotten use to firing it through windows and over buildings? The trick with firing into windows is to aim the crosshair just above the window.

Sometimes if you're lucky and just fire over buildings you might kill an enemy =) it's happened to me a few times.

If you have an enemy charging at you. If you fire it, the nade may go right past him (as he's getting closer to you). So you need to get use to firing it against the walls so it rebounds and hits the enemy.

The nade launcher in the hands of an expert can be very powerful. I've had many occasions where I've killed several people at once and do more kills than the guy with panza.

Hopefully you've been practicing with mines too. Finding the best places to plant them. Also to make sure your mines havent been spotted by the enemy. Throw a nade on them, if any explode that means they've been spotted.

If you ever die and set off a mine and theres smoke coming out. Don't tap out. Wait for an enemy soldier to come by then tap out. Hopefully they'll blow up along with your body. =D
Sun 15/07/07 at 14:57
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Why can't you download it?

I've been playing as an Engineer with a grenade launcher. When you get upgraded to the 8 grenades (or is it 9?) on some maps people literally fall over themselves to get killed by you.
Sat 14/07/07 at 21:37
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I can't download the bloody thing for some reason. This sucks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.