GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just remembered. New virus. I think..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/08/01 at 23:09
Regular
There is a virus on msn. Kinda. When i have been chatting to people as you start the con you get a message in msn messager saying "do you want to see my new pic" Then it says "here ya go!" and trys to send a file titled as pic somthing (not somthing but a loads of numbers)

DO not accept it. I don't know what it does to your comp but it will try to send itself to each person you try to have a conversation with. It will only try once so after you hasve declined it it won't bother you again. Watch out as if you accept it it could spread like wildfire.

Be happy!
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:57
the ;) virus was bad
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:55
Regular
big slow,my brother has been telling me that keep telling him to hit me on the hotmail thing.is this true? (:{
Sun 26/08/01 at 01:32
its probaly a varaint of the others
Sat 25/08/01 at 23:56
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Darn, my Norton Anti virus is buggered. I need to re-install windows, and about this picture thing, I don't accept anything.

But thanks for the information, it will come in handy someday.

*Burns the information on his fire*
Told ya!
Sat 25/08/01 at 23:28
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
maby it wil kill you comp at a crtain time. TELL PEOPLE YOU HAVE IT! otherwise they will accept
Sat 25/08/01 at 23:14
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
PIC1234(1) I can't delete it, darn.
Sat 25/08/01 at 23:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
b****r, the pics name is 1234???? ok, I have that one already, it seems harmless.
Sat 25/08/01 at 23:09
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
There is a virus on msn. Kinda. When i have been chatting to people as you start the con you get a message in msn messager saying "do you want to see my new pic" Then it says "here ya go!" and trys to send a file titled as pic somthing (not somthing but a loads of numbers)

DO not accept it. I don't know what it does to your comp but it will try to send itself to each person you try to have a conversation with. It will only try once so after you hasve declined it it won't bother you again. Watch out as if you accept it it could spread like wildfire.

Be happy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.