GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"multi region"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/12/03 at 09:30
Regular
"Greek DVD Copier"
do you know how i can watch all region DVDs on my PS2?
I use an RGB cable but it shows either black 'n white or green
please help

THANX
Mon 22/12/03 at 23:31
"period drama"
oasismark wrote:
> will it allow me to play my dvd movie back ups?

"Back-ups" eh?
Yar.
Mon 22/12/03 at 23:26
DVD Region Free will allow you to play any region DVD on your PS2 without the need for a memory card or adapter etc. All you need is the CD and an NTSC compatible TV to watch Region 1 movies in colour, otherwise they're in black and white.
It overcomes the green screen with the RGB connection aswell, well worth it. Plus it's a free gift when you join SR so instead if buying it, sign up as a member and get it as a free gift.
Mon 22/12/03 at 17:39
Regular
To be honest, I'm not sure on that one. I wouldn't even risk guessing either.

If you feel its still worth buying just for regular multi-region dvds, then go for it anyway, there's nothing to worry about, but if the backups are the main reason for it, then I'd get it checked first. You could try asking in the shops as they might know, if not, keep trying on these message boards until somebody who owns it answers you.
Mon 22/12/03 at 09:52
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
will it allow me to play my dvd movie back ups?
Sat 20/12/03 at 13:29
Regular
Oops, sorry SR, looks like its only £8.99 these days. Its in stock, and gives you all the technical details you need. Its about the second or third entry down under the search "dvd region free".
Sat 20/12/03 at 13:27
Regular
DVD Region X, or DVD Region free. I haven't checked recently, but I imagine this site still sells them. Just try typing something like DVD region free or region x in the search box and it'll probably show up. Its about £15-£20 (or at least it used to be), and it allows you to get round the RGB thing and also the region restrictions.
Sat 20/12/03 at 09:30
Regular
"Greek DVD Copier"
do you know how i can watch all region DVDs on my PS2?
I use an RGB cable but it shows either black 'n white or green
please help

THANX

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.