GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tell Us About Your Avatar/Tagline"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/02/10 at 08:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
Most of us on here have an Avatar and/or a tagline.Some are pretty obvious others,not so.Tell us (who may not know) what yours refers to.

Mine made me laugh when I saw it because it reminds me of the UK health and safety laws which have just gone mad IMO.In a recent H&S course at work an example given to us was to risk assess changing a light tube (which someone usually does by standing on a desk,chair etc.).First we got stepladders,then someone pointed out they could get knocked over so someone else suggested putting barriers around the safe working area.Then someone else suggested putting flashing lights on the barriers incase someone did not notice them !.Then someone else suggested it should be a 2 man job incase the guy on the ladders dropped the tube and should really have it handed up to him.Then the guy who handed it up to him should really have a hard hat on incase the light tube was dropped on him.Then someone else said the guy on the stepladders should also wear protective headgear incase he fell of the ladder.Then someone suggested all people working in the office were at risk so the office should really be evacuated before this task was carried out.The end result was the office was turned into a mini construction site in order to change a light tube.I sat at the back and laughed it was just ridiculous.A friend of mine works on construction sites and is in charge of doing the risk assessments/method statements on them.On one site there were no toilet facilities so the company decided to install a chemical toilet.He actually had to do a risk assessment for a bricklayer going for a poo !.Reading it back he said it was just crazy,but it was his responsibility to see that it was done.When I saw the sniper picture it made me laugh as I thought what if assassins had to do everything by the book ?,the paperwork would be a nightmare ! :)
Thu 25/02/10 at 16:42
Regular
"semper fi"
my avatar is about my favorite online game.........CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2!!!!
Thu 25/02/10 at 14:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
My picture is of my favourite game character Sonic and my tagline is a line from an old Kia-ora advert, although it should say 'Crows' instead of 'Crow'. It said Crows in the past.
Thu 25/02/10 at 14:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It was more a dig at Long's ability to grasp the concept of Butch's tag.
Thu 25/02/10 at 13:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
O_o

Oh wait...used this expression in an identical thread a few weeks back over on FB :p
Thu 25/02/10 at 12:34
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Warhunt wrote:
> I think you know the explanation to his nickname ;)

What Butch Man Love?
Thu 25/02/10 at 12:07
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I think you know the explanation to his nickname ;)
Thu 25/02/10 at 12:05
Regular
ButchML wrote:
> I fancied a change from my older CATS avatar, plus Conway Twitty
> wasn't really doing anything for me, so I chose Berk from Trap
> Door as the night before I happened to be watching a '80's
> cartoon show intros' compilation on YouTube and he stuck in my
> head.
>
> I don't have a tag line right now as I forgot to do one when I
> changed the picture :)

Care to explain your nickname?
Thu 25/02/10 at 11:51
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I fancied a change from my older CATS avatar, plus Conway Twitty wasn't really doing anything for me, so I chose Berk from Trap Door as the night before I happened to be watching a '80's cartoon show intros' compilation on YouTube and he stuck in my head.

I don't have a tag line right now as I forgot to do one when I changed the picture :)
Thu 25/02/10 at 08:59
Regular
"Mooching around"
It's a cat... I like cats. I don't really, but it was desktop b/g for a while. I got lazy in paint and could be bothered to remove the top line of white when I was resizing it.

Tagline: What I do.
Thu 25/02/10 at 08:59
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Mine is a cartoon of a funny sketch from the cult BBC3 comedy The MIghty Boosh. My Tagline is a play on a phrase from said episode which was used as my bands last CD title.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.