GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Adventure games help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/12/03 at 11:20
Regular
"....."
Can somone give me advice please on the best games? (2000-present)

The last game I played was Gabriel Knight 3 back in summer 2000. This was on my old Pentium 166mhz. I stoped playing computer games because they all surpassed my crappy 166 and I couldnt afford a new computer at the time.

Anyway, 3 years later I've brought a 3.2 ghz pentium 4 and want to start playing games again, and need your advce no what I've missed out on and other bargins.

Can anyone tell me what i've missed in the last 3.5 years - with regards to PC games and that are the best? In 2000, Half life was big, as was Quake 3. I just need to know what games I've missed in the last 3 years as I'm not educated on what's good today?

Can anyone suggest what the best point & click adventure games are? Such as Grim fandango, gabrial knight 3 - and what are the best bargin priced games I can purchase fom here are? I've just brought monkey island 4, as I want to get back up to date with that.

What is the 1st medal of honour game? I haven't played any of them so do you advise me to start from the beginning.

Thanks for your help.

John
Sun 21/12/03 at 22:42
Regular
Vice City...got it...I also got bored of it and didn't bother finishing it. Much better to just drive around killing people.
Sun 21/12/03 at 18:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Sod adventure games, get Vice City.
Sun 21/12/03 at 17:36
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Can you copy it for me? :P
Sun 21/12/03 at 16:54
Regular
Can you copy it for me? :P
Sun 21/12/03 at 13:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Buy Homeworld II off mee!

Excellent game, just I've had enough of it now.

But it truly is excellent.
Sun 21/12/03 at 11:44
Regular
I'd suggest Call of Duty instead of Medal of Honour. It's a great game and beat MoH in every way :)
Sun 21/12/03 at 11:29
Regular
Also, if you're into good-looking RTS at all, I definitely recommend Homeworld 2 - plus, your PC will eat it (depending on graphics card, though)
Sun 21/12/03 at 11:28
Regular
Well, if you want a kind of point & click adventure-combat game, then i highly recommend Freelancer. It's sort of an RPG, but has the best flight control system i've ever used. ever.

As for Medal of Honour, Allied Assault was the first one to come to pc, and it's not required to start from there, as none of the games link at all, really. Having said that, pacific assault is on it's way, and it looks interesting.

Half Life 2 is ALSO on it's way, and thus is getting us all excited. All i can say is look around and be amazed at just how far the PC has come...
Sun 21/12/03 at 11:20
Regular
"....."
Can somone give me advice please on the best games? (2000-present)

The last game I played was Gabriel Knight 3 back in summer 2000. This was on my old Pentium 166mhz. I stoped playing computer games because they all surpassed my crappy 166 and I couldnt afford a new computer at the time.

Anyway, 3 years later I've brought a 3.2 ghz pentium 4 and want to start playing games again, and need your advce no what I've missed out on and other bargins.

Can anyone tell me what i've missed in the last 3.5 years - with regards to PC games and that are the best? In 2000, Half life was big, as was Quake 3. I just need to know what games I've missed in the last 3 years as I'm not educated on what's good today?

Can anyone suggest what the best point & click adventure games are? Such as Grim fandango, gabrial knight 3 - and what are the best bargin priced games I can purchase fom here are? I've just brought monkey island 4, as I want to get back up to date with that.

What is the 1st medal of honour game? I haven't played any of them so do you advise me to start from the beginning.

Thanks for your help.

John

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.