GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokémon Colosseum"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Colosseum'.
Mon 22/12/03 at 11:45
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
How fantastic does this game look???

Just got round to watching some vid clips I had downloaded about a week ago, and this game has shot up to the high end of my most wanted games of 2004!

It looks like a proper Final Fantasy meets Pokemon affair. I think Nintendo have finally pulled their head outta their ####, and decided to give the public what they've wanted since the launch of the Cube. A proper 3D Pokemon adventure! Not just Pokemon Stadium again. And this looks like that proper adventure we've all been wanting!

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

Who would think I'm 21! lol!

Think I've just got a thing for RPG's at the moment. After playing through Chono Trigger and then Kingdom Heart.

Still need to get Sapphire or Ruby on GBA yet... That should hopefully keep me entertained until this game arrives!

Does anyone know when it's due for release?

:)
Tue 23/12/03 at 07:29
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
To be honest I couldn't see a decent GameCube version harming GBA version sales. The GBA versions have already sold zillions, and having a fantastic GameCube incarnation would only make the series even more popular. People would then buy the GBA versions if they didn't already have them because they liked the GameCube version so much. I really don't think people are going to go "But the GameCube version has nice graphics, is all 3D and shiny, so I'm never going to buy the GBA version!"
I mean look at Mario. People play Mario 64, Sunshine, and don't go, "The GBA version is 2D and looks p00 so I'm not going to buy it!"

Tue 23/12/03 at 00:41
Regular
I can understand Nintendo's reluctance to creating a full blown Pokemon RPG as it could have a negative effect on the GB titles.

But surly it is possible to make Red and Blue as full blown Gamecube titles. I mean Ruby and Sapphire has more advanced game modes and more Pokemon, types and missions etc... making that the more advanced version and so we are both happy.

Gamers get a fully blown 3D Pokemon adventure and Nintendo still retain the popularity of the handheld varities.
Mon 22/12/03 at 15:51
Regular
Hrmm... They really just ought to make a 3D Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

T'would be much better...

Also, I think they should allow you full control over your pokemon during the battle, so you could use the control stick to move them etc... (similar to the old TV shows)
Mon 22/12/03 at 15:08
Regular
The storyline of the RPG is something to do with curing dark Pokemon
Mon 22/12/03 at 14:44
Regular
The RPG mode in Colosseum is actually a game mode where you can catch the Pokemon which were absent from Ruby and Sapphire allowing you to download the full collection.

It is said to last up to 20 hours.
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:31
Regular
Hrmmm

The RPG looks like it could do with being more like Ruby/Sapphire/Red/Blue

It looks a little weird. Where'd the bike go? And why is the Pokemon Center so damn small?
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
By the looks of this game, it'll be great. Can't wait.
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Oooo it's due out in March!

:O
Mon 22/12/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Here ya go, enjoy :-

www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5878

Mon 22/12/03 at 12:54
Regular
It's got the stadium section then there's an RPG part, I don't think the game lasts anywhere near as long as the GBA games though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.