GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCN FreeLoader- opinions?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/12/03 at 13:26
I already have a bunch of NTSC Gamecube games and am about to buy a PAL Gamecube and FreeLoader.

Could those of you who own the Gamecube FreeLoader disc, give ur opinions here please?

Is it worth the money? Is it reliable? Will it work? ...etc.

Thanks!
Wed 24/12/03 at 10:08
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I bought a freeloader in order to play Animal Crossing on my PAL Gamecube, so here is what to look for. There are two versions of freeloader, V. 1.04 and V. 1.06. V1.04 was given to me free by www.goblindirect.com, where I bought Animal Crossing (£32.99). V. 1.04 doesn't work with AC, but V.1.06 works perfectly, even though you might have to try a couple of times to get it working.
Tue 23/12/03 at 00:11
Regular
"Booooom"
teh freeloader is annoying especially when you keep having the wrong memore card in when the game loads it says bla bla bla so I have to turn it off just incase i mite fook me memory card.

But it lets you play other format of games so its worth it, I imported Metroid Prime from Canada, that was annoying cause half the box was in french, but its worth it.

I would buy it for even though you have to put the stupid disk in each time, its still worth it;) and fairly cheap aswell:)
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Never had a problem with my AR & Freeloader, how much of a pain is it swapping discs 10 seconds after you switch on ? honestly !
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:32
Regular
What Matt said.

Otherwise, just get the action replay...
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:31
Regular
"tokyo police club"
it's annoying, but works well.
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
I have an actio replay with freeloader built in to it.

I havn't had any problems with it, but then again i only use it for animal crossing.

I've heard of a few problems with some games, but if you have an ar then the problems can be sorted out with codes, but if you have a freeloader by itself, i don't think you can sort it.

Get an AR, mine was £20, only £5 more than the freeloader.
Well worth it.
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:26
I already have a bunch of NTSC Gamecube games and am about to buy a PAL Gamecube and FreeLoader.

Could those of you who own the Gamecube FreeLoader disc, give ur opinions here please?

Is it worth the money? Is it reliable? Will it work? ...etc.

Thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.