GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 09:52
Regular
"N Stoopid Wun!"
Hey!
I'm getting a Game Cube for christmas from my parents but they haven't got me any games for it because they didn't know what I wanted and because it came with 2 games. I'm hoping to get some money for christmas and I wondered what games you would reccomend. I'm not very good at the chasing games and the shooting games but I would like to try maybe one or two. I was thinking of True Crime: Streets of LA, Pikmin, Simpsons Hit and Run and Turok Evolution. What do you think? I will never really use 2 player so that doesn't matter and I want some games that will keep me busy for some time but not too hard that I won't be able to finish it without my brother's (who is a game expert) help. Any ideas?
Fri 26/12/03 at 12:53
Regular
ambominable snowman wrote:
> is need for speed any good bcoz i heard that to control the car its
> really hard and its really pants and also i wanna sell zelda
> windwaker with bonus disk so i woz wondring about ebay

I don't think Need for Speed is worth it, no. If you've got your heart set on a fast racer, get F-Zero GX or Burnout 2: Point of Impact instead.

> is it free to join or do u have to pay or put credit card details

eBay is free to join, but a credit card is required as proof that you are over 18. When I signed up, I think a payed for e-mail address was valid too (if you didn't want to use your card), but I'm not sure if they've still got that going.

Listing an item will cost you money, but this is only around 20p. eBay will charge your credit card monthly for this. It's optional to use your credit card for buying/selling (it's much easier), so you can always send/receive cheques.

This should all be in the site's help section.
Thu 25/12/03 at 15:35
Regular
It's Wind WAKER.
Thu 25/12/03 at 13:32
Regular
"N Stoopid Wun!"
Hey
Merry christmas everyone and thank you for your answers, at the moment I haven't got much money because not all of it came today and i'm itching to play my GC, i got a trial game with it, I can't remember what it is, I haven't even got it out of its box yet because my brother got an xbox for christmas and he got the telly first! I've really got to sort out my room and tv so that I can put it in there! but soon my brother is going to be going upstairs and sorting out where he can put his xbox so!!! I'm definately going to get Wind Walkers i've played other Zelda games and I really enjoy them so that will be the first thing I buy tommorow!!!
Thank you everyone, i've taken Turok off my list for the moment and Simpsons Hit and Run and i'm still thinking about the other games I want to get!
Wed 24/12/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Booooom"
Here is a good variation of good games:

Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Zelda: The Wind Waker
Mario Kart: Double Dash
F-Zero GX
Viewtiful Joe

My Best Suggestions:

Mario Kart : Double Dash:

Lots of unlockables, tons of fun. 16 tracks to choose from plus the all cup tour.
A big variety of karts and character selection.

Metroid Prime: CHallenging game, awesome graphics....and well the best game IMO:D
Wed 24/12/03 at 04:59
Regular
"And some more !"
is need for speed any good bcoz i heard that to control the car its really hard and its really pants and also i wanna sell zelda windwaker with bonus disk so i woz wondring about ebay
is it free to join or do u have to pay or put credit card details
Tue 23/12/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
If you want a long game, then Metriod Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Super smash bros. Melee or Skies of Arcadia legends, (although that is an aquired taste.) will do perectly. Also, if you ever want to play multi player, Smash bros. is great.

If you're into scary games, than Resi Evil, or Eternal Darkness are good. They are actually frightening, so be careful.

Sports games: Not many actually, but Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis are coming out next year. The NBA series are fairly enjoyable, especially Street.

Star Wars rogue lear 3: Rebel strike is lots of fun, but I don't think that it'll keep you occupied for a long time, unless you're wanting to complete it 100%.

Personally, I don't like Pikmin, but if you want a game like that, just wait for Pikmin II. Not sure when it comes out.
Tue 23/12/03 at 22:56
Regular
"8==="
For under 10 quid Turok Evolition is worth it. It's a good, solid and enjoyable blaster. There are some bugs and you may have to consult an online walkthrough every-so-often.

At a knockdown price it's good fun though.
Tue 23/12/03 at 22:39
Regular
Miki wrote:
> Hey!
> I'm getting a Game Cube for christmas from my parents but they
> haven't got me any games for it because they didn't know what I
> wanted and because it came with 2 games. I'm hoping to get some money
> for christmas and I wondered what games you would reccomend. I'm not
> very good at the chasing games and the shooting games but I would
> like to try maybe one or two. I was thinking of True Crime: Streets
> of LA, Pikmin, Simpsons Hit and Run and Turok Evolution. What do you
> think? I will never really use 2 player so that doesn't matter and I
> want some games that will keep me busy for some time but not too hard
> that I won't be able to finish it without my brother's (who is a game
> expert) help. Any ideas?

Pikmin's actually pretty good (and worth it for it's current price tag), but True Crime and Turok Evolution are poor. The critics are calling Hit & Run about average but it's been received quite well by the people on this site. You might want to look into it.

Personally, I'd recommend the astounding Metroid Prime. Then there's The Wind Waker, which is really good, and Mario Sunshine - which is as good a platformer as you'd get on any console. That lot should keep you going for a while :D
Tue 23/12/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Balls"
... nope, but from the list i have heard from the others i beat most of them any how.
Tue 23/12/03 at 22:20
Regular
You got all the staff ghost's in Mario Kart in one week?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.