GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More on the Sega-Sony story"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 17:44
Regular
Could this be part of ther eason for the new arcade deal Sega and Sony have entered into?

"Sega veteran Rikiya Nakagawa has resigned from his position as president of Sega's arcade development subsidiary Sega WOW, ending two decades of service for the company, with no official explanation forthcoming as yet.

Nakagawa-san has been with Sega since 1983, when he joined the company as a programmer, and has served as president at Sega WOW since 2000. He will be replaced by Kazunori Tsukamoto, who has worked on arcade titles including House of the Dead and Super GT.

Sega has not commented on the resignation other than to confirm it and announce Nakagawa-san's successor, but the timing of the announcement has raised eyebrows both in Japan and abroad.

It comes mere weeks after Sammy took a massive stake in Sega, and announced that it wanted Sega to change its development focus to encompass more arcade development - preferably on the Sammy Atomiswave low-cost platform.

Although Atomiswave is based on a CPU similar to that used in Sega's old Naomi arcade boards, and indeed in the Dreamcast, this would be a step back for Sega's arcade division, which has more recently been working on the Chihiro Xbox-based arcade board and the Gamecube-based Triforce system.

It's not too much of a leap to imagine that Nakagawa-san's abrupt resignation might be something to do with the demands of Sega's new masters at Sammy - and if so, it would hint that the dissent within Sega regarding Sammy's intentions runs even deeper than either company is prepared to admit." - Codejunkies
Tue 23/12/03 at 17:44
Regular
Could this be part of ther eason for the new arcade deal Sega and Sony have entered into?

"Sega veteran Rikiya Nakagawa has resigned from his position as president of Sega's arcade development subsidiary Sega WOW, ending two decades of service for the company, with no official explanation forthcoming as yet.

Nakagawa-san has been with Sega since 1983, when he joined the company as a programmer, and has served as president at Sega WOW since 2000. He will be replaced by Kazunori Tsukamoto, who has worked on arcade titles including House of the Dead and Super GT.

Sega has not commented on the resignation other than to confirm it and announce Nakagawa-san's successor, but the timing of the announcement has raised eyebrows both in Japan and abroad.

It comes mere weeks after Sammy took a massive stake in Sega, and announced that it wanted Sega to change its development focus to encompass more arcade development - preferably on the Sammy Atomiswave low-cost platform.

Although Atomiswave is based on a CPU similar to that used in Sega's old Naomi arcade boards, and indeed in the Dreamcast, this would be a step back for Sega's arcade division, which has more recently been working on the Chihiro Xbox-based arcade board and the Gamecube-based Triforce system.

It's not too much of a leap to imagine that Nakagawa-san's abrupt resignation might be something to do with the demands of Sega's new masters at Sammy - and if so, it would hint that the dissent within Sega regarding Sammy's intentions runs even deeper than either company is prepared to admit." - Codejunkies
Tue 30/12/03 at 17:07
"I love yo... lamp."
I don't like the way things appear to be headed under Sammy. I love Sega, they have always been my favourite games company. But the Sega I knew and loved is changing. And whilst Sega arcade games are great (Initial D anybody?) I want Xbox Sega games. If Sammy were to stop the Xbox development I would spam Bill Gates until he bought Sega.
Tue 06/01/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
ive been searching a website and they have dsclosed that sega will be helping sony with pheriples on the playstation 2 and that an eyetoy will be incorperated into the desighn of the playstation3. it will be out late 2005 so i cant wait

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.