GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you play X-box live through Gamespy ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 09:09
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Is this possible? I use Gamespy for my pc games and find it excellent and I heard that you can use it through your x-box.

If you can, are you able to define it to select like servers form the UK only and things?

Thanks for yer time.
Wed 24/12/03 at 09:09
Regular
Is this possible? I use Gamespy for my pc games and find it excellent and I heard that you can use it through your x-box.

If you can, are you able to define it to select like servers form the UK only and things?

Thanks for yer time.
Wed 24/12/03 at 09:13
Regular
There is some tunneling software which lets you do this, however it is not using Live. Your Xbox accesses the net as if it was connected by System Link to another machine.

It's crap too. Best just get Live.
Wed 24/12/03 at 09:26
Regular
I've got the live but as I said in my other post, I only seem to get like 15 servers on Rainbow 6 and they're all American players, hence I only get about one star speed. And on GR: Island thunder there is only ever 3 servers ? ? ?
Wed 24/12/03 at 09:32
Regular
Can't you use filters on Live? I'm not on yet you see, so I don't know, but surely there must be filters so you can get more localised servers with lower pings etc.

Using the tunnel software, I achieved pings of 300+ - and that was on servers hosted in the UK! I don't know why. It's not my BB connection because PC games always connect with pings of 40 or less.
Wed 24/12/03 at 09:36
Regular
On each of the live games I've tried, there is like 4 options when you click 'x box live' in the game.

Theres like 'Quick Match', 'Opti-match', 'System link', and 'options'

Thats whats on R6. But there's nothing to do it in the options and the Opti match means like means like 'Optimise Match'. But in there, there is no filter to say UK servers only. It's just things like No. of players, Map, dedicated. . . and thats about it.

OH well, I only started the 2 month free trial last night so i'll decide.
Wed 24/12/03 at 09:39
Regular
Oh well, I don't know. Can't get on Live till I get a UK Xbox (coming tomorrow) so I wouldn't be able to find a solution for you.

I'm sure someone else on here will know how to fix it.
Wed 24/12/03 at 09:43
Regular
Tahj Mahal for your help anyway.
Wed 24/12/03 at 12:31
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Most of the dedicated servers are full of Americans or French. You can set an option to search for english speaking servers only, but this means English as a language. So it still could be americans.

From experience, ive just added most of the people from this forum, and if there online i join there game. That way its most likey you will enter a english only server, plus you meet more like minded english guys and gals.
Wed 24/12/03 at 12:39
Regular
"\\"
Most the time i have no problem with american servers as i get 2 stars usually. It lists games on the server speed in R63 so the further at the top you join a game, the faster it'll be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.