GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Musings from a new 360 owner."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/06/06 at 08:02
Regular
"8==="
"Hmmmmm".

That basically describes my initial reaction to my Premium 360 (or whatever the harddrive ones are called). Me andm y mate hunted around looking for the best deal in town, we found a Core for £178 in Blockbuster with no games or offers and laughed at Woolie's pitiful attempts to put together a 'deal' for a premium with game at 260-something. We finally ended up going for the HMV '3 Games with a premium console' deal and got an extra controller too all for just over £300.

So I get it home and well... it's tiny next to the old Xbox! :D Quite impressed with the ridiculous power brick I'd heard so much about too.

When we picked the games we were heavily veering towards multiplayer titles so we got Ghost Recon:AW, Perfect Dark and Moto GP 2006.

Jumping straight into multiplayer of Perfect Dark the experience was rather 'so-so', it's really dumbed down and half the modes can't even have bots. Still atleast the aiming and accuracy was of the right standard and the bots were significantly troubling in our first few goes, even if they are really dumb in the 'hold the zone/zones' territories mode.

So I threw a lot of bots into a big two team battle and it was a lot of fun (if a little short as 18 combatants trying to get 50 kills a side doesn't take very long) and I unlocked a few achievements.

Then it was on to Moto GP which I brezzed through in multiplayer managing to get consistent first places after the first three races or so, thankfully there were other racers to race against although my friend couldn't get to grips with it a and had to settle for the back 2 places pretty much everytime! Extreme mode made it even easier and everything was fun enough, I'm going to play it some more today and see how it goes because if it's not all that fun in multiplayer then I may trade it in for Hitman: Bloodmoney as I think at the moment I'll get more fun out of Eidos' title.

Then we went onto Warfighter and played a 30 min 1 on 1 battle which never got dull and seemed to only take about 12 minutes. :D

Admittedly I haven't played any of these in single player yet but I have to say none of them have blown me away or made we go 'Wow this really is next-gen gaming', infact they really seem to be more of the same just with slightly nicer graphics.

That said, compared to the early days of the Cube when I had to deal with AUF, Monkey Ball, Burnout, Smash Bros and (OMG) Legends of Wrestling the 360's early titles are way way better.

Now I just have to play Moto GP a bit more and decide if Bloodmoney's where it's really at...

More stuff to say once I've properly got to grips with (or even started) the single player modes.

(Oh and as for the 'exclusive content' on the premium's HD, that's a bit of a joke surely? There's next to nothing on there!)
Sat 15/07/06 at 18:25
Regular
"8==="
Aye, but I'm getting my stealth kill fix from sneaking about in Oblivion and sniping in GRAW. :D
Sat 15/07/06 at 17:57
Regular
"Mooching around"
Hedfix wrote:
> Haven't played Hitman yet.

Really? It's supposed to be the best one yet, which says a lot for it.

Plus, didn't you trade in 'that' game for it?
Sat 15/07/06 at 17:45
Regular
"8==="
1) Oblivion
2) GRAW
3) Perfect Dark
4004th) Moto GP

Haven't played Hitman yet.
Sat 15/07/06 at 17:42
Regular
"Mooching around"
Lol, so out of all the games you've now played, what would you rate the highest?

Just looking for some advice on what to get :-)
Sat 15/07/06 at 17:39
Regular
"8==="
No, that's a harsh racer. :D
Sat 15/07/06 at 17:37
Regular
"Mooching around"
Ah, I can't wait to try my hands at something other than next-gen adventure or FPS game.

Preferably, a nice racer... so not MotoGP :-P
Sat 15/07/06 at 17:31
Regular
"8==="
Think I'd be saying the same thing about PGR3.

Horses for courses or something...
Sat 15/07/06 at 17:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
For an odd reason, I find Oblivion very irritaing and annoying... More amazingly: dull.

:S
Sat 15/07/06 at 17:23
Regular
"8==="
Indeed, after 18 hours play I'm now level 9. I think in the first week of play I could've easily gone for 50 hours. I did my first ten hours on the first day of playing it though. :D

I've met much more challenging creatures and outwitted a fair few too, found loads more hidden things and done some brilliant quests but no more details will I provide thee, find 'em yourself. :P

That said though, Oblivion is possible to simply dip into if you just do one of the shorter quests or clear a cave of bandits every-so-often then you can play it for about an hour a time.
Fri 14/07/06 at 09:03
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, worried that if I get Oblivion I may never see my kids again...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.