GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What FPS to . . ."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/12/03 at 18:58
"Metal Head"
I was going to get a X-mas present from my Sis and she wanted to know what Pc game I wanted.I don't really have a lot games on my list but was wanting to know if you have any games i would like I am going mainly for the First Person Shooters, but I will take other games with the Socom type of Format. I've made a list of games I have been wanting.

1)Fire warrior 3000 (looks cool, got a 91%)
2)Lord of the Ring: ROTK

I have no I dea of what I want I already have

1)halo
2)Call of Duty
3)Counter strike (like all people)
4)Elite Forces 2
5)Alien Vs Predator (been thinking of getting no.2 for some time)
6)Max payne 2: Fall of Max Payne
So you see I am wantig to expand my game collection
Sat 27/12/03 at 20:15
"Metal Head"
CaNNed_M@N wrote:
> For some reason Battle Field 942 jerks on my Pc, does the game need
> more than 256 ram to play ( i also have a 64mg graphics card and 1.67
> gh)

sorry that was sopposed to say Battle Field 1942.
Sat 27/12/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
64Meg graphics card doesn't really narrow it down very much. Well certainly not enough to be helpful anyway.
Sat 27/12/03 at 20:13
"Metal Head"
For some reason Battle Field 942 jerks on my Pc, does the game need more than 256 ram to play ( i also have a 64mg graphics card and 1.67 gh)
Sat 27/12/03 at 17:14
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
fire warrior is was designed for consoles, then ported over to pc. Its probably the worst FPS i've played in years.

Battlefield 1942 would be quite a nice addition to get. You can get it now with the original and the 1st expansion in a bundle pack, quite cheaply. Its also got a lot of mods you can download for it.......but its mainly an online game. Bots are a little stupid offline, you see.
Fri 26/12/03 at 20:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
~+-L@Mb0D@ BuNkeR-+~ wrote:
> 1)Fire warrior 3000 (looks cool, got a 91%)

It's crap, played a demo on the PS2, so generic you don't have to have any FPS experience to know how the game will pan out.

> 2)Lord of the Ring: ROTK

Very good, if you like the movie and are a fan of the old school style beat em ups of the 16-bit days, though it may be better suited to the console as the keyboard is a poor substitute for a joypad.

> 1)halo

Over hyped, but enjoyable. Sometimes repetitive, sometimes criminally dull but it has some fantastic vehicular bits and a fun multiplayer side.

> 2)Call of Duty

I'd put it this at the top of the list, certainly one of the best FPS of the year, yes it's short but I've through it twice already and have a craving to do it all a third time. Also pretty fun in multiplayer.

> 3)Counter strike (like all people)

Crap in my opinion, but it's free to download so you can easily make your own mind up about the game with out having spend money on it.

> 4)Elite Forces 2

It's OK, but not all that. The demo was slightly too generic for my liking and though I'm not much of a Star Trek fan some of the weapons felt really out of place. It is going cheap now so it may be worth looking into, but no a priority I'd say.

> 5)Alien Vs Predator (been thinking of getting no.2 for some time)

Probably best to get the sequel than, because I can't get the original to work on my machine. No.2 is also much better looking and bloody scary in places.

> 6)Max payne 2: Fall of Max Payne

Would be my second choice, another short game but very fun and with some of the most stylish action you'll find in a game. Plus nobody has done bullet time as well Max Payne.
Thu 25/12/03 at 20:27
Regular
For Such as short game, Max Payne 2 is bloody huge in terms of space.
It's requires two discs for installation and another for play, and 1.7MB for installation.

So bloody huge I cannae fit it on me PC, and I got it today as a present *sob*
Thu 25/12/03 at 20:16
Regular
CoD and Max payne 2 are pretty short but good none the less, of course counter strike will last you ages as it's multiplayer is good...
Thu 25/12/03 at 18:58
"Metal Head"
I was going to get a X-mas present from my Sis and she wanted to know what Pc game I wanted.I don't really have a lot games on my list but was wanting to know if you have any games i would like I am going mainly for the First Person Shooters, but I will take other games with the Socom type of Format. I've made a list of games I have been wanting.

1)Fire warrior 3000 (looks cool, got a 91%)
2)Lord of the Ring: ROTK

I have no I dea of what I want I already have

1)halo
2)Call of Duty
3)Counter strike (like all people)
4)Elite Forces 2
5)Alien Vs Predator (been thinking of getting no.2 for some time)
6)Max payne 2: Fall of Max Payne
So you see I am wantig to expand my game collection

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.