GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga impressions and score"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Fri 26/12/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
After a whole day of playing, i can report that Donkey Konga is totally unique and superb in every possible way!

The drums are excellent, big and made extremley well even with a material on top! The sound sensor is very sensitive, picking up finger clicks, or banging the sides of the drums or normal clapping. The songs are in Japanese but still very catchy, some however are in English. Obviously Graphics aren't important but the whole game is very colourful. I would consider buying more then one drum (if there's more people in your family who would want to play it) because it's a great laugh when getting 2 or more drums like i have!

Overall it would be a great shame if this didn't come to the UK because it's excellent! 9/10 Go get it on import!

P.S, an update game for Donkey Konga is set to be released in Spring 2004 around May time probably. If you need any questions answered about Donkey Konga please ask, i will try and answer them as quickly as possible! :)
Sat 27/12/03 at 10:30
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Donkey Konga is a a brand new franchise for Nintendo. Instead of using a ordinary controller, it comes bundled with a drum controller! On the screen is actions you must do in line with the song that is being played (there's 32 on the JAP import) it's a little like Dancing Stage games with a Dance mat but instead your using your hands and not your feet. When a Yellow circle meets the left hand side circle (which never moves) you hit the left hand-side of the drum, a Red circle the right hand-side, a star shaped logo means a clap, and pink means the left and right hand side of the drums together, sometimes these are extented meaning you hit the side of the drum more then once, at the end of each song a pink extended action will appear, hit the left and right hand side of the drum as quickly as you can because this is added up at the end and who ever got the most wins an extra 5000 points, which if you have done well previously in the song, makes you the winner (if your facing another player obviously). Hope that Helps!
Fri 26/12/03 at 20:50
Regular
"accidental superher"
they got mai kuraki on the game :D
she rox...and is one damn cute japanese singer
Fri 26/12/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
What is Donkey Konga anyway?

Cube didn't explain it properly-or was that gamesmaster?

Well I just don't know what it is can you explain?
Fri 26/12/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
After a whole day of playing, i can report that Donkey Konga is totally unique and superb in every possible way!

The drums are excellent, big and made extremley well even with a material on top! The sound sensor is very sensitive, picking up finger clicks, or banging the sides of the drums or normal clapping. The songs are in Japanese but still very catchy, some however are in English. Obviously Graphics aren't important but the whole game is very colourful. I would consider buying more then one drum (if there's more people in your family who would want to play it) because it's a great laugh when getting 2 or more drums like i have!

Overall it would be a great shame if this didn't come to the UK because it's excellent! 9/10 Go get it on import!

P.S, an update game for Donkey Konga is set to be released in Spring 2004 around May time probably. If you need any questions answered about Donkey Konga please ask, i will try and answer them as quickly as possible! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.