GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Racer?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/12/03 at 18:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
Whats the best racing game on the PS2? I'm getting into fast cars and all that now (dont like track racing like F1 and that) mostly street racing sorta thing. Used to have Burnout which I liked and I have Need for Speed Underground on its way to me (right, SR?) but wan wondering what else is worth checking out.

Views please.
Fri 26/12/03 at 18:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
Whats the best racing game on the PS2? I'm getting into fast cars and all that now (dont like track racing like F1 and that) mostly street racing sorta thing. Used to have Burnout which I liked and I have Need for Speed Underground on its way to me (right, SR?) but wan wondering what else is worth checking out.

Views please.
Fri 26/12/03 at 18:52
Regular
NFS: Underground looks gourgeos and it is fun to play.
Midnight club 2 and Burnout 2 are also fun games.
Sun 28/12/03 at 12:44
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Burnout 2 is the best. I was really into Destruction Derby 2 on the PS1 and this game implements the racing side of that game. Lots of car damage and fast races make this game a classic. But having said that I didn't like the look of the cars when the game was first demo'd to me months ago. I thought the tracks were flawlessly designed but the car models a bit on the basic side (before the damage takes place of corse!. They had a simple look to them when compared to the surrounding track quality. Anyway, forget about that, this is an ace game.

I give the game 94% so highly recommended then :D
Sun 28/12/03 at 21:41
Regular
I still think Gran Turismo 3 is the best racer, but Burnout 2 is certainly close (and a lot better if you're only after arcade thrills).
Mon 29/12/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
GT3 takes some beating for replay value, however I've spent a lot of time playing Colin McRae 4 in the last 3 months and keep coming back for more.

Also Racing Evolution is enough to tide me over until GT4 finally arrives.
Mon 29/12/03 at 12:35
Regular
GT3 is the best so far, i am sure that GT4 will sort out this argument though. nfs underground i liked for the tune ups but still doesnt live up to GT, burnout i didnt enjoy, toca race driver i didnt enjoy, i cant remember any other racers

1) GT3
2) NFS:underground

burnout and toca are around thirty something....
Mon 29/12/03 at 21:05
Regular
"SOUP!"
Anyone hold an opinion of midnight club 2?
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:01
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Initial D.
Tue 30/12/03 at 16:56
Regular
midnight club 2 is good but you can lose so easily on so many occasions, fair enough you can take all the shortcuts but it was far too open for me.
Tue 30/12/03 at 19:52
"Metal Head"
phorsis wrote:
> midnight club 2 is good but you can lose so easily on so many
> occasions, fair enough you can take all the shortcuts but it was far
> too open for me.

Midnight club 2 gets really boring, quickly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.