GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Escape"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/08/01 at 09:21
Regular
It’s Monday. It’s been pouring down with rain all day. The sky is dark and gloomy, and this reflects how you feel. You miss the bus in the morning, and get stuck sitting next to the smelly kid on the way home. Your dog actually did eat your homework, and your uniform really is being washed. You smell of wet dog, and someone has put a kick me sticker on your back.

Back home, on the news, you hear of wars in the Middle East, Famine, Floods, kids being killed for their Pokemon cards. You hear of super high teenage pregnancy rates, mobile phone radiation destroying peoples brains, the latest spread of foot + mouth disease.

The richest people are the most devious. McDonalds, who destroy rainforests. Microsoft, who supposedly stole the programming for windows. Lawyers, who earn money for letting murderers and rapists go free.

You are living real life. In real life, you don’t get to save your game. You don’t have extra lives. The good guys never win. And its unlikely that you have God mode. That’s because, most of the time, real life sucks.

But we have an escape.

Video games.

Video games take you away to a world where life is great. You suddenly have superpowers. You can drive a Nissan Skyline around Westminster without fear for your life. You can go off into a fantasy world and fight dragons. You can be a secret agent, sneaking around and shooting on sight. You can become the commander of an army, sending your men in to fight the Germans.

In video game world, life is limitless.

So next time you notice life sucks, play your favorite game. Your brain will thank you for it.
Thu 23/08/01 at 22:45
Regular
If it wasn't for computer games I would have gone mental years ago.

*Tiltawhirl runs off to get his medication*
Thu 23/08/01 at 22:41
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Play Golden Eye with tha Golden Gun :D.
Thu 23/08/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
This has been done before but its still good. Video games are everyones escape on here I think.
Thu 23/08/01 at 20:36
Regular
If I escape from the violence and suffering of the real world into the virtual world of video games where I hack, shoot and slaughter virtual humans with extremely powerful weapons and enjoy it - is it a solution or am I just part of the problem?
Thu 23/08/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
"McDonalds, who destroy rainforests"

They do? That's news to me.
Thu 23/08/01 at 17:51
That's all fine and well... Until your computer explodes removing both your arms and your right leg and souring you on the whole idea of computer games. Life knows just how to bite you when you least suspect it doesn't it?
Thu 23/08/01 at 11:42
Regular
"..."
Umm...good point. Thanks for the advice ;)
Thu 23/08/01 at 09:21
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
It’s Monday. It’s been pouring down with rain all day. The sky is dark and gloomy, and this reflects how you feel. You miss the bus in the morning, and get stuck sitting next to the smelly kid on the way home. Your dog actually did eat your homework, and your uniform really is being washed. You smell of wet dog, and someone has put a kick me sticker on your back.

Back home, on the news, you hear of wars in the Middle East, Famine, Floods, kids being killed for their Pokemon cards. You hear of super high teenage pregnancy rates, mobile phone radiation destroying peoples brains, the latest spread of foot + mouth disease.

The richest people are the most devious. McDonalds, who destroy rainforests. Microsoft, who supposedly stole the programming for windows. Lawyers, who earn money for letting murderers and rapists go free.

You are living real life. In real life, you don’t get to save your game. You don’t have extra lives. The good guys never win. And its unlikely that you have God mode. That’s because, most of the time, real life sucks.

But we have an escape.

Video games.

Video games take you away to a world where life is great. You suddenly have superpowers. You can drive a Nissan Skyline around Westminster without fear for your life. You can go off into a fantasy world and fight dragons. You can be a secret agent, sneaking around and shooting on sight. You can become the commander of an army, sending your men in to fight the Germans.

In video game world, life is limitless.

So next time you notice life sucks, play your favorite game. Your brain will thank you for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.