GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Indycar Series."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/12/03 at 10:34
Regular
Has anyone got this?

I saw it on offer yesterday, and am thinking about getting it. I want a serious racer, in the vein of Grand Prix 4. I want to be able to tinker with car set-ups and stuff.

Will this game give me this?

Also, are all the tracks ovals, or are there others in the game?

Cheers.
Tue 30/12/03 at 10:34
Regular
Has anyone got this?

I saw it on offer yesterday, and am thinking about getting it. I want a serious racer, in the vein of Grand Prix 4. I want to be able to tinker with car set-ups and stuff.

Will this game give me this?

Also, are all the tracks ovals, or are there others in the game?

Cheers.
Tue 30/12/03 at 10:51
Regular
As far as I know, there are more tracks than just oval ones. I haven't played the game you are referring to, but I have played previous Indycar games and found them to be more enjoyable than F1 games. That's my opinion though, not everyone will see it the same way as Indycar is a bit of a niche market over here.

If you can rent it, I would seriously recommend you give it a go.
Tue 30/12/03 at 10:52
Regular
Oh, and in the game I played (back on the PS1 I think - maybe earlier!), you could play about with your car's innards.
Tue 30/12/03 at 12:08
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I bought it for my brother for christmas and he took it back because he said every track was the same, and so now he's bought True Crime with the return money . . . .
Tue 30/12/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
If you want a serious racer, and I mean a SERIOUS racer, then IndyCar Series certainly is that. You can make endless modifications to your cars set-up; tyres, ride height, wing angles, gear ratios, you name it and you can change it.

All the races ARE on Oval tracks but they do vary in shape slightly, but this is a big enough variation to make a huge difference to car set-up. IndyCar Series is designed for someone who genuinely enjoys motor sports, like myself, so I would certainly recommend it.

But don't be fooled into thinking the races are boring just because they are on Ovals, races are won mainly by a good set-up, but the cars are blisteringly fast, and it's wheel to wheel racing all the way, one mistake and you'll be going round those tracks at 200mph on your roof. It's quite tense stuff.

:)
Tue 30/12/03 at 20:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> one mistake and you'll be going round those tracks at 200mph on your roof.

If only Indy Cars had roofs though.

:)
Wed 31/12/03 at 16:14
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> If you want a serious racer, and I mean a SERIOUS racer, then IndyCar
> Series certainly is that. You can make endless modifications to your
> cars set-up; tyres, ride height, wing angles, gear ratios, you name
> it and you can change it.

Just like most "serious" racers then? Not very novel that modification malarky is it?

> All the races ARE on Oval tracks but they do vary in shape slightly,
> but this is a big enough variation to make a huge difference to car
> set-up. IndyCar Series is designed for someone who genuinely enjoys
> motor sports, like myself, so I would certainly recommend it.

By definition, the tracks cannot ALL be oval if they vary in shape.

> But don't be fooled into thinking the races are boring just because
> they are on Ovals, races are won mainly by a good set-up, but the
> cars are blisteringly fast, and it's wheel to wheel racing all the
> way, one mistake and you'll be going round those tracks at 200mph on
> your roof. It's quite tense stuff.

I wonder how much I can write it one sentence without ending it, even though I should end it now, but I won't because I don't know how, a bit like the idiot who wrote the sentence above who doesn't know how to structure a paragraph correctly. Quite scary stuff.

Asside from that, the races are boring. I'm also unsure of what game you are playing, because the last time I looked, an Indy Car doesn't have a roof.

> :)

:(
Wed 31/12/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yup.
Wed 31/12/03 at 22:37
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Isn't Nomino dead yet?
Mon 05/01/04 at 14:01
Regular
Well, I got it, and I think it's pretty darn good so far. It's quite difficult, my highest finish is 6th so far, and I'm on easy difficulty.

The music gets on my nerves, and there doesn't appear to be an option to play stuff off the HDD, rubbish....

All in all though, I think it's very good, even better as I got it at half price...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.