GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help needed with redirects."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/02/10 at 18:16
Regular
Hi all, Im hoping you can help me. I have rebuilt my site on a new host because it supports joomla. I need help finding a way to redirect all my domain names hosted by freeola to my new site with out loosing the google rankings and if people click on an old link in search engines to be taken to my new site and not be given an error page.

I hope this is clear. Pls ask any questions if you need more info to help me.

James
Sat 20/02/10 at 16:02
Regular
Than you. I'll give that a try. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.
Sat 20/02/10 at 11:00
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Neilj is correct, you can host Joomla based sites here on Freeola, on both the free, and VIP servers.

As regards you wishing to redirect the domain names - you can use the web forwarding feature within your MyFreeola account, which will allow you to use a 301 redirect (seardch engine friendly) for the domain names.

Once logged in to your Freeola account, select Forwarding, DNS and subdomains from the left navigation, and follow the links for Web Forwarding. You'll then be able to set the forwarding address for the domain names.

If you need any further help you can post back here, or submit a
Support Ticket for us to look at.
Fri 19/02/10 at 18:21
Regular
FYI...

Freeola supports Joomla (all my sites are Joomla based).

Neil
Fri 19/02/10 at 18:16
Regular
Hi all, Im hoping you can help me. I have rebuilt my site on a new host because it supports joomla. I need help finding a way to redirect all my domain names hosted by freeola to my new site with out loosing the google rankings and if people click on an old link in search engines to be taken to my new site and not be given an error page.

I hope this is clear. Pls ask any questions if you need more info to help me.

James

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.