GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TNA Against All Odds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/02/07 at 20:25
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
A hugely significant PPV for TNA, taking yet another s**tep towards "WWE PPV s**tyle"- both in presentation and quality. What happened to TNA being the alternative to WWE?

The Latin American Exchange (Homicide and Hernandez) vs Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) in a Little Italy Street Fight
Ridiculous gimmick match number 1. Calling it a simple "s**treet fight" would have sufficed, but hey Russo doesn't like to do things the easy way, now does he? Acceptable opener with a badly booked finish. Unless they are waiting for the big payoff when 3D actually win the titles, they should have won this, since it was non-title. Now, with LAX gaining two s**traight PPV victories over 3D, this feud should be over. SHOULD.
2/5

Senshi vs Aus**tin Starr
This angle has received solid TV time since it s**tarted las**t month, yet the match was never announced. WHY? The match itself was a disappointment. Both are capable of having a 4 s**tar match in ROH every night of the week, why not at a TNA PPV? The entire match seemed really res**tricted and I wouldn't be suprised if they, and indeed the entire X division have been told to tone down the high flying s**tuff. Bad match, then they go for the "who had who pinned?" finish to protect the loser BUT in a typical Russo fashion, they bury Starr by sending out Crazy Bob(bes**t promo guy TNA have!) to apply the cross face chicken wing. Bizarre.
2/5

Chris**ty Hemme vs Mys**tery Opponent
So TNA is s**tarting a women's division. Great, at leas**t it can't be as bad as WWE's right? WRONG. TNA could have brought in a whole hos**t of women from around the world, and if they really had to it could have been Lita but ins**tead Russo logic prevails and Hemme's opponent (chosen by Cornette for some reason) is the Fat Oily Guy. At this point it's gone beyond parody and moved into "GET THIS SH*TE OFF MY TV". Ahem. Disgus**ting was**te of time, served no purpose whatsoever. Kudos to the guy in the front row who brought the "WE ARE WRESTLING" sign and held it up for this whole debacle: good sense of humour.
DUD

Lance Hoyt (w/David Ecks**tein) vs Dale Torborg (w/A.J. Pierzynski)
Can somebody who watches MLB tell me if knowing who these are actually adds to this angle? I'm assuming the answer is no.
Another was**te. Russo being Russo couldn't even go with a clean finish here and they went for the whole Dus**ty finish due to cheating thing. Yawn.
DUD

Rhino vs AJ Styles in a Motor City Chain match
Finally some quality on the card, oh wait its Ridiculous Gimmick Match number 2!! Unnecessary gimmick aside, this match wasn't anything special but nonetheless it was rather solid, what you'd expect from these two any given night. The "you screwed AJ" chant at hebner was gold. I've heard a few grumblings over Rhino losing again, but it's pretty basic booking, heel domination followed by face revenge. If Rhino won here, would you pay to see them go again? No. The s**tory of this angle is Rhino wants a decisive, mouth shutting victory over AJ the arrogant, and absolutely brilliantly played heel. It's important not to give the pay off until the feud is ready to end. Anyway, I digress.
3/5

Chris Sabin(c) vs Jerry Lynn for the X Division Title
They continue to push Sabin and more and more I am convinced that either a) he doesn't have it or b)he's a terrible heel OR c)he's a great heel, I hate him as a result and can't seperate my personal feelings from actual logic(it's not that one). Stop this nonsense and put the s**trap on Lynn for a program with Daniels/Senshi/Williams. The match itself was average at bes**t.
2.5/5

James Storm and Jackie Moore vs Petey Williams and Gail Kim
Short and sweet: boring angle boring wres**tling match.
On a side note, I read somewhere that Petey Williams minus the Canadian Des**troyer equals Barry Horowitz. Hmm.
1/5

Sting vs Abyss in a Prison Yard Match
This match was actually really good for what it was supposed to be. Match s**tarted outside and there was a nice looking spot in front of the overflow fans involving Sting jumping off a skip, putting Abyss through a table. in reality it wasn't that high or impressive, but it looked decent. Various hardcore shenanigans when they got to the ring including a barbed wire baseball bat, Sting getting smashed by one of the lights at ringside(getting a rather undeserved holy sh*t crowd chant) and finally, the finish being Sting powerbombing Abyss from the cage through a barbed wire table. Nas**ty bump, and it came off really well on camera. Suprisingly good match.
3.5/5

Kurt Angle vs Captain Charisma "The INSTANT CLASSIC" Chris**tian Cage(c) for the NWA World title
Lets get one thing s**traight: Chris**tian is great. No, seriously he's a fantas**tic heel, his mic skills are unrivalled(in TNA) and his ability to coin catchphrases is phenomenal: his lates**t "Ins**tant Classic" is superb and is already over in the Impact Zone. Anyway, enough on Chris**tian(for now). The match was rather solid, with no real s**tandout moments of genuine awesomeness(Can't s**top with the Chris**tian markdom). The finish may have hurt Chris**tian's credibility and momentum a bit, with Angle refusing to go down. Joe coming in and confronting Angle only to dive over the ropes at Steiner and Tomko was the spot of the night, incredible(And he wasn't wres**tling tonight, why?).
DW's commentary really hurt this match at times(more on that below), and with the rather ridiculous clus**terf*ck finish, this match only earns...
3.5/5
And thats so high because I'm a huge Chris**tian mark(did you notice?)

So thats the PPV over, jus**t a few side comments, the firs**t being about Don Wes**t. I've expressed my concern about this guy before and I really think now is the time to put Cornette on commentary and get Wes**t out. Cornette and Tenay could share the role of putting the match over and calling it, alternating between the two. DW has the amazing ability to kill a match before it even s**tarts. At the beginning of the main event, he spends what mus**t be 2 mins in a cons**tant s**tream of rambling nonsense about Chris**tian and Steiner rather than actually calling (or letting Tenay call) the match. If the commentator doesn't care about the mos**t important match on the card, why should we? Tenay tries to drag DW into the match and eventually does, but its already embarrassing at this s**tage. TNA would really benefit from having someone (eg Jarrett) feeding lines to the slow one(thats you DW).

This is the second s**traight dis**tinctly average PPV TNA has put on, and from a company that's selling point is it's great PPVs, this is bad.
The Russo train continues...
Wed 14/02/07 at 14:38
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
It absolutely REEKED of Russo, I'm afraid...
Wed 14/02/07 at 06:22
Regular
"..."
Smells like Vince Russo...
Tue 13/02/07 at 23:30
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Thanks for filling me in, Kawada!
Tue 13/02/07 at 23:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Shooby wrote:
> Lance Hoyt (w/David Eckstein) vs Dale Torborg (w/A.J.
> Pierzynski)

> Can somebody who watches MLB tell me if knowing who these are
> actually adds to this angle? I'm assuming the answer is no.

The assumption is correct.
Tue 13/02/07 at 20:25
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
A hugely significant PPV for TNA, taking yet another s**tep towards "WWE PPV s**tyle"- both in presentation and quality. What happened to TNA being the alternative to WWE?

The Latin American Exchange (Homicide and Hernandez) vs Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) in a Little Italy Street Fight
Ridiculous gimmick match number 1. Calling it a simple "s**treet fight" would have sufficed, but hey Russo doesn't like to do things the easy way, now does he? Acceptable opener with a badly booked finish. Unless they are waiting for the big payoff when 3D actually win the titles, they should have won this, since it was non-title. Now, with LAX gaining two s**traight PPV victories over 3D, this feud should be over. SHOULD.
2/5

Senshi vs Aus**tin Starr
This angle has received solid TV time since it s**tarted las**t month, yet the match was never announced. WHY? The match itself was a disappointment. Both are capable of having a 4 s**tar match in ROH every night of the week, why not at a TNA PPV? The entire match seemed really res**tricted and I wouldn't be suprised if they, and indeed the entire X division have been told to tone down the high flying s**tuff. Bad match, then they go for the "who had who pinned?" finish to protect the loser BUT in a typical Russo fashion, they bury Starr by sending out Crazy Bob(bes**t promo guy TNA have!) to apply the cross face chicken wing. Bizarre.
2/5

Chris**ty Hemme vs Mys**tery Opponent
So TNA is s**tarting a women's division. Great, at leas**t it can't be as bad as WWE's right? WRONG. TNA could have brought in a whole hos**t of women from around the world, and if they really had to it could have been Lita but ins**tead Russo logic prevails and Hemme's opponent (chosen by Cornette for some reason) is the Fat Oily Guy. At this point it's gone beyond parody and moved into "GET THIS SH*TE OFF MY TV". Ahem. Disgus**ting was**te of time, served no purpose whatsoever. Kudos to the guy in the front row who brought the "WE ARE WRESTLING" sign and held it up for this whole debacle: good sense of humour.
DUD

Lance Hoyt (w/David Ecks**tein) vs Dale Torborg (w/A.J. Pierzynski)
Can somebody who watches MLB tell me if knowing who these are actually adds to this angle? I'm assuming the answer is no.
Another was**te. Russo being Russo couldn't even go with a clean finish here and they went for the whole Dus**ty finish due to cheating thing. Yawn.
DUD

Rhino vs AJ Styles in a Motor City Chain match
Finally some quality on the card, oh wait its Ridiculous Gimmick Match number 2!! Unnecessary gimmick aside, this match wasn't anything special but nonetheless it was rather solid, what you'd expect from these two any given night. The "you screwed AJ" chant at hebner was gold. I've heard a few grumblings over Rhino losing again, but it's pretty basic booking, heel domination followed by face revenge. If Rhino won here, would you pay to see them go again? No. The s**tory of this angle is Rhino wants a decisive, mouth shutting victory over AJ the arrogant, and absolutely brilliantly played heel. It's important not to give the pay off until the feud is ready to end. Anyway, I digress.
3/5

Chris Sabin(c) vs Jerry Lynn for the X Division Title
They continue to push Sabin and more and more I am convinced that either a) he doesn't have it or b)he's a terrible heel OR c)he's a great heel, I hate him as a result and can't seperate my personal feelings from actual logic(it's not that one). Stop this nonsense and put the s**trap on Lynn for a program with Daniels/Senshi/Williams. The match itself was average at bes**t.
2.5/5

James Storm and Jackie Moore vs Petey Williams and Gail Kim
Short and sweet: boring angle boring wres**tling match.
On a side note, I read somewhere that Petey Williams minus the Canadian Des**troyer equals Barry Horowitz. Hmm.
1/5

Sting vs Abyss in a Prison Yard Match
This match was actually really good for what it was supposed to be. Match s**tarted outside and there was a nice looking spot in front of the overflow fans involving Sting jumping off a skip, putting Abyss through a table. in reality it wasn't that high or impressive, but it looked decent. Various hardcore shenanigans when they got to the ring including a barbed wire baseball bat, Sting getting smashed by one of the lights at ringside(getting a rather undeserved holy sh*t crowd chant) and finally, the finish being Sting powerbombing Abyss from the cage through a barbed wire table. Nas**ty bump, and it came off really well on camera. Suprisingly good match.
3.5/5

Kurt Angle vs Captain Charisma "The INSTANT CLASSIC" Chris**tian Cage(c) for the NWA World title
Lets get one thing s**traight: Chris**tian is great. No, seriously he's a fantas**tic heel, his mic skills are unrivalled(in TNA) and his ability to coin catchphrases is phenomenal: his lates**t "Ins**tant Classic" is superb and is already over in the Impact Zone. Anyway, enough on Chris**tian(for now). The match was rather solid, with no real s**tandout moments of genuine awesomeness(Can't s**top with the Chris**tian markdom). The finish may have hurt Chris**tian's credibility and momentum a bit, with Angle refusing to go down. Joe coming in and confronting Angle only to dive over the ropes at Steiner and Tomko was the spot of the night, incredible(And he wasn't wres**tling tonight, why?).
DW's commentary really hurt this match at times(more on that below), and with the rather ridiculous clus**terf*ck finish, this match only earns...
3.5/5
And thats so high because I'm a huge Chris**tian mark(did you notice?)

So thats the PPV over, jus**t a few side comments, the firs**t being about Don Wes**t. I've expressed my concern about this guy before and I really think now is the time to put Cornette on commentary and get Wes**t out. Cornette and Tenay could share the role of putting the match over and calling it, alternating between the two. DW has the amazing ability to kill a match before it even s**tarts. At the beginning of the main event, he spends what mus**t be 2 mins in a cons**tant s**tream of rambling nonsense about Chris**tian and Steiner rather than actually calling (or letting Tenay call) the match. If the commentator doesn't care about the mos**t important match on the card, why should we? Tenay tries to drag DW into the match and eventually does, but its already embarrassing at this s**tage. TNA would really benefit from having someone (eg Jarrett) feeding lines to the slow one(thats you DW).

This is the second s**traight dis**tinctly average PPV TNA has put on, and from a company that's selling point is it's great PPVs, this is bad.
The Russo train continues...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.