GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What now for the 'Cube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/12/03 at 23:09
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
I remember waiting for the Gamecube to be released earnestly, ever since I saw the 3D Zelda Demo that they revealed back at E3 2000. It was released in March 2002, I got one in June 2002, with Smash Bros and Spiderman, and a whole host of games including SMS and Zelda followed (despite the change from 3D to cel-shaded, I still bought the Cube for Zelda) - Wind Waker was the last game I bought for my Cube back in May this year. I am strongly considering MKDD, F-Zero and Matroid Prime, XIII, Viewtiful Joe, etc viewing them as the 2nd coming of the Cube -

As with the Cube, once the initial Mario 64, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Banjo etc rush was done with after getting my N64, I waited for the Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, DK64, Perfect Dark a-few-years-later-on-rush, and eventually got those, with the swansong of the N64 for me being PD.

So what I'm really asking is - what's left for the Cube? Is Nintendo going to release N5 earlier than the scheduled 5yrs between console gap? I've heard a WW2 is in development, and I can't wait for it, and GameCentral (Digitiser) on Ch4 mentioned something about a Super Mario 128 next year, but are they the last of the AAAAAAAA titles from Nintendo for the Cube? Is the N5 very very nearby? (Nintendo have been saying they've learnt from releasing the Cube after the PS2 and XBox, and want to go first with the 5th Gen console...)

What say you?
Fri 02/01/04 at 09:43
Regular
"Conker the King"
Ocarina wrote:
> Ok ok, Conker's probably was, but I didn't get it, so I didn't
> mention it.

YOU DIDN'T BUY CBFD!!!!!
Get onto E-Bay now and get yourself a copy! It is an absolute MUST HAVE N64 game. (or I have a new unused copy from SR for sale, any offers)!
Thu 01/01/04 at 19:50
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Memorandum - AAAAAAA is my way of saying that Nintendo's Triple A titles are a little more than triple A when they come out,

Ok ok, Conker's probably was, but I didn't get it, so I didn't mention it. And to be honest, if Nintendo did restart making games for the N64, I would probably restart buying them.

Anything else about my scatty post need clearing up?
Thu 01/01/04 at 15:41
Regular
I was about to say that N64 4 eva.

But then again Paper Mario was also a decent finale.
Thu 01/01/04 at 14:18
Regular
"Conker the King"
Ocarina wrote:
> with the swansong of the N64 for me being PD.

The N64's swansong was definately Conkers Bad Fur Day!
Thu 01/01/04 at 13:57
Regular
Erm...I guess you'll just have to wait until E3 '04
Wed 31/12/03 at 23:14
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Ocarina wrote:
> AAAAAAAA titles

erm
Wed 31/12/03 at 23:11
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
aargh, that be METROID prime, not MATroid prime.. ahem..

(WW2 - wind waker 2)
Wed 31/12/03 at 23:09
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
I remember waiting for the Gamecube to be released earnestly, ever since I saw the 3D Zelda Demo that they revealed back at E3 2000. It was released in March 2002, I got one in June 2002, with Smash Bros and Spiderman, and a whole host of games including SMS and Zelda followed (despite the change from 3D to cel-shaded, I still bought the Cube for Zelda) - Wind Waker was the last game I bought for my Cube back in May this year. I am strongly considering MKDD, F-Zero and Matroid Prime, XIII, Viewtiful Joe, etc viewing them as the 2nd coming of the Cube -

As with the Cube, once the initial Mario 64, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Banjo etc rush was done with after getting my N64, I waited for the Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, DK64, Perfect Dark a-few-years-later-on-rush, and eventually got those, with the swansong of the N64 for me being PD.

So what I'm really asking is - what's left for the Cube? Is Nintendo going to release N5 earlier than the scheduled 5yrs between console gap? I've heard a WW2 is in development, and I can't wait for it, and GameCentral (Digitiser) on Ch4 mentioned something about a Super Mario 128 next year, but are they the last of the AAAAAAAA titles from Nintendo for the Cube? Is the N5 very very nearby? (Nintendo have been saying they've learnt from releasing the Cube after the PS2 and XBox, and want to go first with the 5th Gen console...)

What say you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.