GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamcast-boigraphy if you know anything I dont post it here!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/12/03 at 23:12
Regular
"We'll all hellbound"

When there was news that a new system was being brought out by sega the gaming company's E.G-sony nintendo sammy activision E.A and other various game producers were not happy with the P.S.2 coming out sony especialy took this as a threat they were going to make sure this system was doomed to fail.
Sony didnt even know the name of this system and they were making plans like the release date of final fantasy 8 probobly the most popular rpg series there is was on the day that the dreamcast came out.(in the us) Sony also posponed the release date of P.S.2 to add finshing touches and to make gamer's save there money. You wouldent be that cool with the old system it would have to be new.

This didnt greatly affect the position of dreamcast for its first game was the sonic team's creation sonic adventure. This had exelent graphics and great gameplay soon to be a future classic and well sonic dos'nt need hype to sell platnum. Sega also had the added bonus of online play for free and the game that premiered this accesory was chu chu rocket another creation from the sonic team. This boosted sales and sega were doing fine despite that some people lost trust with the saturn.

Sega's sales were dropping fast the P.S.2 was producing gamesand releasing them by the week and had ruined the dreamcast because there games were released about 2 a month they most were of bad quality. Also sega's image was shattered by the adverts for the dreamcast, no one wants to see a kid smashing up a ps1 with a hammer or someone shooting a n64. It was time for dreamcast to pack it in but they had one more trick up there sleeves.

Dreamcast's last resort to save dreamcast didnt turn out as they had hoped it was to make people pay for there internet that was suposedly free.
The idea would of worked but dreamcast ruined it by releasing phantasy star online 2 and saying that the internet would definelly be free guess what is wasnt.
So dreamcast had to pack it in but where did sega go after that?

Sadly sega has become a third party only assisting in making games the sonic team still exists and are planning to make a new sonic game for gamecube, Some said sammy baught sega out but they wouldent have enouugh money to do that there would only be a partnership and even that didnt happen. You will find decent sega games down at your local arcade.
The dreamcast was like an arcade for sega when you come to think of it exept much longer games, Sega went with a smerk on thier face though they new legends never die.
Wed 31/12/03 at 23:12
Regular
"We'll all hellbound"

When there was news that a new system was being brought out by sega the gaming company's E.G-sony nintendo sammy activision E.A and other various game producers were not happy with the P.S.2 coming out sony especialy took this as a threat they were going to make sure this system was doomed to fail.
Sony didnt even know the name of this system and they were making plans like the release date of final fantasy 8 probobly the most popular rpg series there is was on the day that the dreamcast came out.(in the us) Sony also posponed the release date of P.S.2 to add finshing touches and to make gamer's save there money. You wouldent be that cool with the old system it would have to be new.

This didnt greatly affect the position of dreamcast for its first game was the sonic team's creation sonic adventure. This had exelent graphics and great gameplay soon to be a future classic and well sonic dos'nt need hype to sell platnum. Sega also had the added bonus of online play for free and the game that premiered this accesory was chu chu rocket another creation from the sonic team. This boosted sales and sega were doing fine despite that some people lost trust with the saturn.

Sega's sales were dropping fast the P.S.2 was producing gamesand releasing them by the week and had ruined the dreamcast because there games were released about 2 a month they most were of bad quality. Also sega's image was shattered by the adverts for the dreamcast, no one wants to see a kid smashing up a ps1 with a hammer or someone shooting a n64. It was time for dreamcast to pack it in but they had one more trick up there sleeves.

Dreamcast's last resort to save dreamcast didnt turn out as they had hoped it was to make people pay for there internet that was suposedly free.
The idea would of worked but dreamcast ruined it by releasing phantasy star online 2 and saying that the internet would definelly be free guess what is wasnt.
So dreamcast had to pack it in but where did sega go after that?

Sadly sega has become a third party only assisting in making games the sonic team still exists and are planning to make a new sonic game for gamecube, Some said sammy baught sega out but they wouldent have enouugh money to do that there would only be a partnership and even that didnt happen. You will find decent sega games down at your local arcade.
The dreamcast was like an arcade for sega when you come to think of it exept much longer games, Sega went with a smerk on thier face though they new legends never die.
Fri 02/01/04 at 11:10
Regular
"Woteva"
I loved my Dreamcast. Sadly my dad got rid of it to make way for a PS2. All I need is Shenmue ported to the PS2 then my life will be complete and I can forget about the Dreamcast.
Fri 02/01/04 at 13:42
Regular
"We'll all hellbound"
OPLAR wrote:
> I loved my Dreamcast. Sadly my dad got rid of it to make way for a
> PS2. All I need is Shenmue ported to the PS2 then my life will be
> complete and I can forget about the Dreamcast.

Where do you live america or something?
Mon 23/02/04 at 11:08
Regular
"elsonar.co.uk"
basically at the start 2 consoles were being developed by sega one in japan called black dural and one in europe called ??? it was japans dural that was superior graphically etc so it was released.

when the ps2 was released sony claimed that the technology inside it was capable of launching a nuclear missile so people all over the usa bought it b4 it was banned - it got banned in several rogue states!

dreamcast adverts had to be removed because that many people complained about them - sony prolly paid them :)

sega then hoped by sponsoring a football team they could get some good advertising so they paid a rumured 50-60 million pounds to sponsor arsenal and this got them into debt :(

finally when the dc was failing they rushed out games and games like half life never came out as it was not sense money wise.

it was revealed that sega was £700,000,000 in debt so in late 2002 finally the dc ceased producton and sega have been making games ever since

recently sammy bought a 22% share in sega and has rearranged the whole staff strucuture.

come on dc2!
Mon 23/02/04 at 11:15
Regular
"elsonar.co.uk"
ballistic - not nuclear

kaobotic wrote:
> basically at the start 2 consoles were being developed by sega one in
> japan called black dural and one in europe called ??? it was japans
> dural that was superior graphically etc so it was released.
>
> when the ps2 was released sony claimed that the technology inside it
> was capable of launching a nuclear missile so people all over the usa
> bought it b4 it was banned - it got banned in several rogue states!
>
> dreamcast adverts had to be removed because that many people
> complained about them - sony prolly paid them :)
>
> sega then hoped by sponsoring a football team they could get some
> good advertising so they paid a rumured 50-60 million pounds to
> sponsor arsenal and this got them into debt :(
>
> finally when the dc was failing they rushed out games and games like
> half life never came out as it was not sense money wise.
>
> it was revealed that sega was £700,000,000 in debt so in late
> 2002 finally the dc ceased producton and sega have been making games
> ever since
>
> recently sammy bought a 22% share in sega and has rearranged the
> whole staff strucuture.
>
> come on dc2!
Thu 08/04/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
they started to do vcds but that never took off!!!
Sun 25/04/04 at 13:25
Regular
kaobotic wrote:
> come on dc2!

As much as I love Sega, their marketing department is completely incompetent and I wouldn't want them to release any more consoles. Doing so would spell doom for the company as no matter how good it was it would fail due to their marketing (or lack of it).

Just let them work their genious on someone else's technology - like Xbox and Xbox2 when that comes out.

As for the original post in this thread, I can't decypher your grammar in some areas so I wouldn't know if I know anything extra. Sorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.