GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"need help deciding on games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/01/04 at 16:21
Regular
"And some more !"
lately i have seen that there are so many games to choose from and i need to know how they are i just bought bloody roar primal fury and now i want another one dont mind getting 2 games
just wanted to know how need for speed underground is
same with the following games
sims bustin out
THUG
wwe smackdown 5
any good rpg
same with a shooting game
and other games which you think are so good that i should buy it
Thu 01/01/04 at 16:21
Regular
"And some more !"
lately i have seen that there are so many games to choose from and i need to know how they are i just bought bloody roar primal fury and now i want another one dont mind getting 2 games
just wanted to know how need for speed underground is
same with the following games
sims bustin out
THUG
wwe smackdown 5
any good rpg
same with a shooting game
and other games which you think are so good that i should buy it
Thu 01/01/04 at 16:39
Regular
>need for speed underground
>sims bustin out
>wwe smackdown 5

Not actually played any of these three, but I can tell you that reviews for NFS have generally been good, scoring in the mid to high 80s.

>THUG

Don't have this one either, but have THPS4 and THPS3. Both of those are excellent games that grow on you every day. At first you can feel like its an impossible game, (if its your first THPS game), but every time you have a go you get a little better, and the game does so at the same time.

> any good rpg

Bit old now, but Final Fantasy 10 is still the best in my opinion. I would also recommend Kingdom Hearts and Dark Chronicle.

> same with a shooting game

Some would disagree, but I'd put TimeSplitters 2 top of the FPS list. I an excellent challenge if you are willing to explore all the different modes, and has a superb multiplayer game.

> and other games which you think are so good that i should buy it

If you don't already have these, then they are certainly worth a look:

Platform - Jak II: Renegade
Racing - Gran Turismo 3 or Burnout 2
Action - Metal Gear Solid 2 or GTA Vice City
Sports - SSX 3

Can't go wrong with that list.
Thu 01/01/04 at 16:48
Regular
"And some more !"
how is mgs2 and what bout the one which is newer
Thu 01/01/04 at 17:55
Regular
"Notable"
Substance is worth getting more than the original although the original is £20. So its worth getting for the price
Thu 01/01/04 at 18:07
Regular
Many complained about long cut scenes in MGS2, but if you have an attention span longer than a finger biscuit, then you'll be able to cope, which leaves you to enjoy a great game. The controls have been completely perfected, and the level of detail in the game is astounding. I remember when everyone on these forums first tried the game - we kept making threads about the new things discovered in the game, such as throwing guards overboard when they were knocked out, or collecting dog tags from guards etc...

As mentioned, the newer version, Substance, contains the original game, as well as other missions with Snake, a skateboarding game, loads of VR missions and a few other extra features. Its probably a little more expensive, but its probably worth it. If you're anything like me, and a million or so others, then either version will probably be fine.
Thu 01/01/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Notable"
You'll also have to comprehend the most widely imaginable plot in gaming history
Thu 01/01/04 at 18:58
"period drama"
If you're prepared for MGS2, and not an impatient tøsser, then you'll notice it's got some of the best, most memorable scenes ever. As plots, setting, atmosphere and characters go, it doesn't get much better.

The only bit that really need taking an axe to is the tedium that is those codec conversations between Raiden and his bird.
*Snooze*
Save it, lady. He's trying to save the world right now.

The scene with Vamp in the generator room bit especially, rules muchly. And when Revolver steals RAY. And when you see Fortune for the 1st time. And just about everything else.
Love it.
Thu 01/01/04 at 19:04
Also, they've put so many "Ooh, this is a secret conversation so let's cut to codec" moments, that it's obvious that they just couldn't be bothered to model the acting scenes between characters, instead using the "reliable, safe codec".
Thu 01/01/04 at 19:30
Regular
Skip codec: Press triangle. :D Do that if you're impatient, and they fly past!
Thu 01/01/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Notable"
Hehe a coverted feature I see

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.